Can you expect to lose weight during that "one week of the m

Options
Okay, campers, so I have been tracking my food and exercise with MFP, and so far I've lost 7 lbs. So far, so good. Between tonight and tomorrow, however, my "Aunt Flow" will be making her monthly stop to my body, and I'm trying to avoid all hell breaking loose.

My question is: I weigh in on Tuesdays. Is there even a snowball's chance I could lose weight during my monthly cycle? Eating is on track and has been (mostly) for the last few weeks. I skipped two days of exercising this weekend, due to being sick.

I just want some idea of what to expect before I step on THE SCALE (yes, that b*#@h deserves all caps) in the morning.

Any pearls of wisdom?

Replies

• resptech97
    Options
    Every body is different. I however have lost weight during mine. I hope the same goes for you!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've never lost during that time...but usally the week after I will see a 2 pound drop. I try to keep doing what I"m doing and increase the water and not stress to much about not loosing anything that week.
  • jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    if you have been doing good then yes there is a chance of lost even through the monthly cycle but only maybe a full pound. also when you step on the scale keep in mind you are on the monthly cycle so don't get discouraged
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It IS possible but I never count on it personally. Just remember when you get on the scale and if it shows a gain, remember it isn't an accurate reading! Don't let it get you derailed! I never step on the scale from 2 days before to 2 days after, weigh in day or not. I don't like the idea that I'm going to let a set of numbers possibly ruin my day or week after such hard work, especially a set of numbers that aren't accurate. Hope this helped.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    watch your sodium and remember to drink your water
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    watch your sodium and remember to drink your water
    my words exactly!:wink:
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mar_11 - just skip the scale entirely this week. Funny....? My Aunt Flow is here too and I decided to weigh in next Wednesday. Don't want to get bummed out when I need all the encouragment I can get during the holiday! Merry Christmas!
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I personally gain a couple pounds during my time of month... I try to make better food chocies even tho I have cravings. I try to drink alot of water.... But as soon as the worst is over, I lose most of the wgt I put on (mainly water wgt) and then some.... This last period I gained a pound but after it ended I lost 3 total....
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Last month, I lost 5 lbs that week...most I've lost in one week, I was shocked! I'm expecting mine this week too so wondering how this and next weeks weigh-ins will be affected
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sodium and I want to add caffeine to the list and anything is possible. Just at least try not to gain. I don't weigh in at all the week surrounding TOM. I wait until it is over and jump on the scale and go on from there.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. I however have lost weight during mine. I hope the same goes for you!

same
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    oddly enough im totally opposite of all these posters...i lose a lot during that time and then practically nothing the week after...how that makes sense i have no idea! lol
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    No matter how hard I have tried, I have never been able to lose that week - only maintain. Then about five days later I will lose up to four pounds. That'll mess with your head, won't it?

I try to keep up on water and stay away from anything with too much salt. That seems to help the most.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    I certainly have, if I've been eating clean and not consuming too much sodium, drinking tonnes of water has helped me. Good luck, hope it works out for you :-)
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Last time it didnt change until it was over. Then it dropped almost 3 lbs! Dont be too worried about it...
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Well, the verdict is in, and I lost . . . .4 lbs. No, that's not "4 lbs," it's POINT-4 lbs, which is not life altering but FINE by me! I think in the future I won't stress about it so much. It did, however, make me really watch my food and water intake yesterday. Let's see, 7 lbs down,only 28 more to go! :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose weight but my measurements go up. Damn bloating! Great job on loosing this week.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great job on loosing ..... I usually bloat like a fish during TOM and I crave so much from sweets to junk to anything ....sigh. Reading this post has made me watch my sodium intake during TOM.

Thanks Ladies!