I've been doing this alone....

Thinking that I did not need a circle of friends or a support group. I am almost 30 days in on my journey and though I have been doing okay 75% of the time, I think I would do better if I had a team of people encouraging me, and some I could encourage too. I am not looking for just ANYONE to be 'friends' with, but I am looking for those who are active, who hare honest, who are supportive, who are determined, who have struggled and will struggle and who are positive along the way. I will give back to you 100% of what you give to me.

About me: I'm a single mom, 29 years old who is about 90 lbs overweight. I have been trying to lose weight since I'd say 2007. I've tried it all, but my lack of dedication is the reason that I have never been successful. I have been on this journey off and on since September 30, 2013. I weighed 256 lbs. It took me until December 23rd to reach 248 lbs and now it's April 1st and I am around 244 lbs. I've lost about 12-13 lbs in the past 6 months or so and It's been hard.

I am now trying to get rid of unhealthy habits as well as eat more at home and get some sort of activity in. I have a 4 year old son who is really active and I run a daycare from my home. I have little children looking up to me and I'd like to set a positive example for them.

If I sound like someone you would like to connect with on your journey feel free to add me.

thanks for reading and hopefully I won't be alone too much longer!

Replies

• thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    Well you are not alone here that is for sure ! :)
    Good luck on your journey, I know you can do this and if you want you can add me ! I'm here for the support too more than anything else
    Jo
  • adding both of you! Sharing all the support so none of us will ever be alone haha
  • thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    :)
    adding both of you! Sharing all the support so none of us will ever be alone haha
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 237 Member
    Always looking for new supportive friends!
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    MFP is a great place to find support, and it really helps. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    I'm looking for some supportive MFP friends too. Add me.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Thinking that I did not need a circle of friends or a support group. I am almost 30 days in on my journey and though I have been doing okay 75% of the time, I think I would do better if I had a team of people encouraging me, and some I could encourage too. I am not looking for just ANYONE to be 'friends' with, but I am looking for those who are active, who hare honest, who are supportive, who are determined, who have struggled and will struggle and who are positive along the way. I will give back to you 100% of what you give to me.

About me: I'm a single mom, 29 years old who is about 90 lbs overweight. I have been trying to lose weight since I'd say 2007. I've tried it all, but my lack of dedication is the reason that I have never been successful. I have been on this journey off and on since September 30, 2013. I weighed 256 lbs. It took me until December 23rd to reach 248 lbs and now it's April 1st and I am around 244 lbs. I've lost about 12-13 lbs in the past 6 months or so and It's been hard.

I am now trying to get rid of unhealthy habits as well as eat more at home and get some sort of activity in. I have a 4 year old son who is really active and I run a daycare from my home. I have little children looking up to me and I'd like to set a positive example for them.

If I sound like someone you would like to connect with on your journey feel free to add me.

thanks for reading and hopefully I won't be alone too much longer!

Hiya,

Feel free to add me. A total life revamp isn't as hard as you'd think.

:-)
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Don't get discouraged and quit, all that does is make future you angry at past you : P

I'm finding that one of the hardest things about this whole process is accepting the fact that changes on the scale or in the fit of clothes aren't going to happen as fast as I want them to, but that they will eventually happen if I continue making the right choices. Maybe this isn't the year that I finally get to wear a skimpy halloween costume but if I do the right things then perhaps next year will be. Plus you can't hate on the fact that you've "only" lost 12-13 lbs because it's all got to come off eventually so that's 13 you're already done with. Woo!
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    I have the same goal as you, 90-100 lbs, and am only roughly 10 days on this "new" start. I am 43 and have struggled my whole adult life. Even when I looked good I didn't think it was good enough. I'm focusing now on trying not to look in the mirror as much for approval but how my mind feels. When I eat junk food and drink alcohol (which leads to eating junk food) it gives me a cloudy feeling in my head. Sometimes I purposely walk past the mirror in the bathrooms here at work because in the past I have looked and gotten down on myself. Weight loss takes time, and I am starting to realize that it is truly one day at a time. I am a single mom of 5 kids (14, 12 and 9) and I want to be a positive role model for them. My younger daughter also has a few pounds she needs to lose so I'm going to try to make time to be more active with her and still make it fun.

I weigh about 265. Never thought I'd get this big. It is what it is though and it is up to me to do what's necessary in order to keep my mental mind fresh and the rest of me healthy!

Time to start work now. :)

Mick
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    I am also 29, and I have about 80lbs to lose. I have been overweight most of my adult life. It reached its peak early this year, and after yo-yoing for years, I am back at it. I am trying my best, but still have my off days. I just need to get better about picking myself back up after I have fallen. I have lost 11lbs currently in just over a month. I am getting there, and would be happy to have you on my FL! Add me if you like!
  • KendraT1992
    KendraT1992 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm so much more engaged this time around because of adding all the MFP virtual friends. Anyone can add me!
  • ceceg13
    ceceg13 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! I've found that I do well with having a support system and friends here on MFP to relate to. I wasn't all about having friends on MFP for a long time (I had a previous MFP acct and failed miserably the first time around). I was always very reserved and private about my weight issues but I've learned that you can't do this alone. Reading MFP friend's blogs and looking at their daily food log has been encouraging to me. It gives me new ideas and motivation and also lets me see that people are human and make mistakes just like I do, sometimes we are over our calorie intake, sometimes we are under, but most days we are on track- and that's encouraging. So feel free to add me :)
  • jaebm
    jaebm Posts: 17 Member
    I would be happy to be a pal to you in our fitness journeys. I have always thought I could do it on my own but this time I thought I would try MFP out and while I have only been doing it for 5 days I feel much more motivated by constantly reading others post and having a community of support. I would love to encourage you so feel free to add and in my opinion the more the merrier so anyone feel free to add me. Let's do this!
  • LizaGetz
    LizaGetz Posts: 57 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm sickeningly positive, optimistic, motivated and chipper on most days! I'm certainly not perfect, I fell off the wagon last night, as a matter of fact. But the quote says, Failure is not falling down, it's not getting back up.

So, get as many friends who will keep you accountable to what you eat and how much you move in a day, friends who will check up on you when you need it, and also help by saying, STEP AWAY FROM THE HERSHEY'S EASTER EGGS!

Have a super fantastic day and stay strong!
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    You guys are awesome, Thank you! I have received so much support I don't even know how to act. Thanks!!
  • Day58
    Feel free to add me! I'm sickeningly positive, optimistic, motivated and chipper on most days! I'm certainly not perfect, I fell off the wagon last night, as a matter of fact. But the quote says, Failure is not falling down, it's not getting back up.

So, get as many friends who will keep you accountable to what you eat and how much you move in a day, friends who will check up on you when you need it, and also help by saying, STEP AWAY FROM THE HERSHEY'S EASTER EGGS!

Have a super fantastic day and stay strong!

I know what you mean! haha the hersheys easter eggs LOL
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congrats on your journey!!! We're here to help you kick it up some more. You have great reasons to do it.

I have a 4 and 6 year old, and they are my reasons, for sure!!!!! I need to be around as long as possible.

Feel free to add me.
  • mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Good for you! I did not need MFP friends for support either. But I sure am glad I started adding them, it makes weight loss fun! Lots of really nice people, and you learn stuff from them. I will add you.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    I tried doing it alone for like ten years, I've honestly had more success in the past three weeks growing my circle of friends with MFP. You can feel free to add me, anyone else too. I'mm 33, single mom with a 6 year old son, and I am starting my goal with 20 pounds, as that number seems like a task. If I meet that goal, I'll work on the next 10!
  • Day58
    Good for you! I did not need MFP friends for support either. But I sure am glad I started adding them, it makes weight loss fun! Lots of really nice people, and you learn stuff from them. I will add you.

Thank you! I think I've been missing out big time!