HELP! Need calories, but over in categories?

Options
Ummmm.... errrr.... has this happened to anyone else? As of after dinner tonight, I still need 1046 calories (rememberto eat your excercise calories) BUT am over in all the categories, except Fat? So just what am I supposed to do now? I ain't gonna eat 1046 calories of lard tonight!
Any ideas are appreciated, mucho thanxo!

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... errrr.... has this happened to anyone else? As of after dinner tonight, I still need 1046 calories (rememberto eat your excercise calories) BUT am over in all the categories, except Fat? So just what am I supposed to do now? I ain't gonna eat 1046 calories of lard tonight!
    Any ideas are appreciated, mucho thanxo!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    sounds like your break downs are a bit off. Go ahead and go over a few in protein and carbs,
    but make em good carbs. One night's not gonna kill ya. But just in the future, try to plan ahead and make sure that you're eating
    the right amounts. I know it sucks to have to plan out your meals, but it's something almost all
    of us end up doing, and it does work.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    yeh, planning your meals help. i plan mine the nite before. (right now for tomorrow) so then i know what i should be eating and around the amount of calories i want to eat durin that "meal". i also plan my snacks... but if i don't do that, i'm screwed. i'll keep eating. it helps me be accountable for myself too.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Yeah... I just started all this recent sanity about 3 days ago. We usually split up conning dinner, but the rest os on our own (even if we eat breakfast or lunch together). I think that in a couple more days I will have a better handle on what all I need to make better decisions about. I did already switch from Absolut Martini's or Single Malt Scotch to Labatt's Lite. Also, I never figured that a chicken breast would be so durn HIGH in Carbs?! Huh? So, I'm on a learning curve, but thanx for all the input, is appreciated! :happy:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Puhleeez! I'm still trying to get the hang of it myself. We'll get it though! I tell ya one thing, I never realized just how much sodium I was taking in! It's a real shocker so I'm trying to work on that, everything else I can handle, but getting my sodium intake down and still eat all the calories is going to be the toughest for me.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I only watch my total calorie intake...that's all I've done for a LOOOONG time and it hasn't hurt me yet. Although I eat healthy, some things may be higher than others. Don't fret....you'll be ok. I lost almost 50 lbs this way.:happy:

P.S. I was always high on protien..which is good, especially if you weight lift. Cut the refined white starches such as white bread and you'll have it good.:happy:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    I only watch my total calorie intake...that's all I've done for a LOOOONG time and it hasn't hurt me yet. Although I eat healthy, some things may be higher than others. Don't fret....you'll be ok. I lost almost 50 lbs this way.:happy:

P.S. I was always high on protien..which is good, especially if you weight lift. Cut the refined white starches such as white bread and you'll have it good.:happy:

Well, for now, the total caloric intake vs goal is what I'm eyeballing, but suppose I can try to be a bit more observational about some individual items. Like last night, I knew the BBQ was gonna be a bit heavy in sugars department, but had no idea the chicken breast would wallop the carbs?!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Well, for now, the total caloric intake vs goal is what I'm eyeballing, but suppose I can try to be a bit more observational about some individual items. Like last night, I knew the BBQ was gonna be a bit heavy in sugars department, but had no idea the chicken breast would wallop the carbs?!

Ahh, chicken itself doesn't have carbs. Maybe the stuff you put on it does, but chicken is 0 carbs.
  • jamerz3294
    Options

Ahh, chicken itself doesn't have carbs. Maybe the stuff you put on it does, but chicken is 0 carbs.

I thught that chicken didn't either... until my wonderful wiff pointed out to me that there are the Member's Mark (Sam's Club) variety that are *always* tender and juicy due to the brining treatment they receive! :angry: So, yes, a "free range" chix wouldn't have carbs, and boy howdy was I surprised that MM did! But it was already in the Food Database, so someone else musta noticed it too.... Hrmpfh. :wink:
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    I just joined and have been watching my calories. I glance at the other stuff especially the sodium since I have high blood pressure. Don't be discourage. When I don't meet my calories because I burn so much in exercise, I find foods to eat with high calorie which may also be high in fat or carbs, but I take the trade off for that one day.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    I just input my dinner today, which was (guess what) leftover chicken breast. OK, so 12oz of chix had 200 calories...and 600carbs?! Huh?! No way! I think that whomever input that into the db had quite a typo! We looked up in our Joy of Cooking (gawd I luv that book)... and chix breast, skinless, should have no carbs... nada... none... zip...zilch.... :angry: But *that* was the impetus of the original post up top... so now ya know. You can't just blithely assume that someone else has input correctly, and rea;lize when something looks well out of wack, it prolly is!
    Now to figure out how to edit food nutrition levels....

Thanx to all who replied, great ideas and support, both from the Pit, and from Landing Circle.... :smokin:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Well alrighty then.... since I couldn't edit the other Chicken Breast nutrition values, I simply added it again! I used the exact name on the label, and was careful to enter the values correctly. So now, everyone can feel free to use "Member's Mark (Sam's Club) Fresh 100% All Natural Boneless Skinless chicken Breasts" to thier happy, pluckin delight! :glasses: Just tell 'em Jamers sent ya as ya pass by the Pit, lol! :devil: :sick: