Gain weight from calorie increase?

Options
Ive been losing about 4lbs per week since Jan, and this week I went to a buffet and then got very drunk. I only put on 2 lbs of water weight, my question is I havent been feeling well this week so havent exercised. I have been saving 1000 per day instead of 1500 per day. Will I put on weight due to lack of exercise even though I am still 1000 short of maintenance? Due to the fact I havent exercised in a while, thinking of having 1 week off. Will this do more harm than good?

Replies

• sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    No. As long as you are eating at a deficit you wont gain weight back. I had to take two weeks off because I fell and broke my tailbone and I actually lost 2 pounds. My guess is I was starting to lose muscle tone. Idk.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Ive been losing about 4lbs per week since Jan, and this week I went to a buffet and then got very drunk. I only put on 2 lbs of water weight, my question is I havent been feeling well this week so havent exercised. I have been saving 1000 per day instead of 1500 per day. Will I put on weight due to lack of exercise even though I am still 1000 short of maintenance? Due to the fact I havent exercised in a while, thinking of having 1 week off. Will this do more harm than good?

Nope, no gain in a calorie deficit, like sjeagle30 said. Splurge days are actually good since they jolt your body into knowing that food is readily available. Just keep going undeterred.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Those are some pretty huge deficits for someone who's only about 25lbs to their goal. (Unless your ticker is incorrect and you have alot more to lose.) I would think about lowering the deficit sick or not sick.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Those are some pretty huge deficits for someone who's only about 25lbs to their goal. (Unless your ticker is incorrect and you have alot more to lose.) I would think about lowering the deficit sick or not sick.
    Dunno why it shows that, the only thing correct is the loss. Its because the goals its setting me are too low but the system wont let me alter them maybe?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ^^^This.

A healthy loss is .5–2 lb. per week. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • nmcguier
    nmcguier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't gain weight if you're running a deficit, but I have read that prolonged agressive deficits can induce your body to enter "starvation mode". Basically your body stores everything it can and losing weight can become difficult. 30-60 minutes of daily cardio can help prevent this, and as others have said, so can taking a high(er) calorie day once a week or so to remind your system that food is still available. Also, high calories days are delicious.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I thought starvation mode was a myth?
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I thought starvation mode was a myth?

It is.