New to the Website, but want to start 30 day Shred

ra2sun2008
ra2sun2008 Posts: 6
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey, I'm Tammy.

I'm new to myfitnesspal.com but I heard nothing but good things. I am open to accepting friend request and looking for a group of go getters that is looking to sync up with the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred!

I got weight to lose, if you do too. Then Let's reach our goals together.

Its nice to meet chu! lol.

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    I would love to aim for this goal with you. I am planning on starting tomorrow! I am shooting for literally 30 straight days of some form of exercise!!!!
  • Great! I'm looking forward to you joining me on this fat busting, endurance enhancing, stud magnet, lol, adventure. I just did my first session just 5 minutes ago. It was amazing how fast the time went by. I guess it was Jillians coaching through out the workout. I must say that the pointers my boyfriend was giving me in the background about my form helped alot too. One thing for sure, make sure you are always consentrating on your form. With that said, WELCOLM to the club :-)
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    I started today! Second round for me. Loved it! 25 minutes a day can't be beat. Finished my first round mid-August 2010. Most recently I've just finished 9 weeks of Insanity (on Dec. 19th, 2010). Gotta say, the Shred still worked me good today!

Good luck everyone. I'm right here with you.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    I started day 1 yesterday...I'm definitely feeling it today in my arms and legs. Jillian kicked my butt. I'm going to do day 2 today...and looking forward to it. Gotta get back on track!!! I wanna be looking good for the summer!!!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    The 30-day shred is great. I picked up Jillian's 3-DVD set a while back and MAN did she kick my *kitten*! She is one tough cookie but gives you results! Good luck with your workouts!

I picked up her kettle-bell workout the other day and haven't tried it out yet. Never really done anything with em (in fact, I plan to use an 8-lb dumbell instead) but I'm excited to get started!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Day 2 done! Have to say - my arms were sore when I woke up this morning. I love the Shred! It's good to have the 5 pound weights back in my life. :-)

I'll be using this thread to stay accountable. Did the same for my 63 Day Insanity and it helped keep me on track.

Good luck everyone!

~ Amy
  • Okay you guys, day 2 I didn't start getting soar until around 2pm cst. By the time it was ready to do my second day of Michaels I was soar but tolerable. However, Day 3......Ouch, Ouch, Ouch! It feels like I'm walking through thick mud and my chest feels like my muscels are trying to lock up. I just keep doing the warm up strectches to keep the loose but every 30 min. or so they try to lock up again.

But Guess what? I'm more ready than I've ever been to get this party started again tonight. There's no turning back ladies! It's now or never. No not later, NOW is the time to reclaim or gain the body that we know we want and in many cases need.:mad:
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    I love to see that motivation and support for at home workouts. Its important for morales, mainly because its just you without nobody to cheer you on! Good job and good luck ladies!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Day 4 is done...and I'm fighting a cold. Yikes. Muscles (chest and arms) sore today! I've vowed to do continue my workouts through Christmas - and after all that food I'm going to NEED TO!!
  • Okay 911girl I just realized I spelled sore wrong, lol. Anywho, Day 4 down here too. I woke up not as sore as yesterday but sore none the less. It was a beast trying to complete tonights workout but I made it through.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Good job ra2sun2008! I'm off to do day 5 now while baby naps. :-)
  • Now that's dedication! Day 5 I ate something that upset my stomach and was unable to do anything but rest.

Day 6 started out good. I got my workout in early because I knew I was going to eat alot of food, but by the end of the day I was too ashamed and afraid to track what I ate, lol. No, I could not face the music.

Day 7, nothing to brag about. got my work out in but ate too much junk food and boy does my body feel it. Anywho, I will redeem myself fully starting tomorrow by keeping my calories under control and possibly adding Tony's 10 min workout as a part off my 30 day shred on wednesday.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    You're doing great ra2sun2008 - Despite my good intentions I gave my body a rest Christmas Day and Boxing Day... Now that my cold is worse, I probably won't exercise today either. Will either re-start The Shred to shoot for 30 consecutive days or just pick up where I left off... At any rate, I havn't gone "hog wild" in the eating department. In fact my jeans are feeling looser than ever. Weird, but I like it!
  • Don't sweat the hicups in life. I say pick up where you left off and be mean with it. Don't hold anything back when you're ready to jump back on the saddle!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Appreciate the advice. I'll take it!!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Sorry Tammy, I'm out on this round. My cold has gotten the better of me. Starting in another group on January 1st, 2011. Let the Shredding begin (once again).

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.