Trouble kick starting weight loss??

Options
I was just wondering if anyone else had trouble in the beginning of their weight loss journey?? It seems no matter what I do or how much I kill my self in the workouts I cant get that damn scale to move.... I have lost 5lbs and 10.5 in since Feb. 28th, my birthday, the day I started. I just still feel I should be seeing a little more. Am I crazy or is this really slow progress??? Just really want to know if anyone else had trouble getting the scale to move in the beginning and if so when did finally start moving.

Replies

• lynnrulzurlifehehe
    lynnrulzurlifehehe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would also actually like to know this. I've been working out 5-6 days a week since January and I've literally only lost 5 pounds. It's really depressing.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you are or not but try lifting. I went through something similiar to this in the past I was just going with diet and exercise and only lost 10 pounds in 3 months. Then I started lifting not strength training just general lifting for toning and it sped it up. Good luck hope it works.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone else had trouble in the beginning of their weight loss journey?? It seems no matter what I do or how much I kill my self in the workouts I cant get that damn scale to move.... I have lost 5lbs and 10.5 in since Feb. 28th, my birthday, the day I started. I just still feel I should be seeing a little more. Am I crazy or is this really slow progress??? Just really want to know if anyone else had trouble getting the scale to move in the beginning and if so when did finally start moving.

you lost ten pounds in about five weeks? that is two pounds a week and is pretty good.

Also, calorie deficit is what causes weight loss. Exercise is just a nice addition to make you look and feel better, and help with burns.

Do you own a food scale?

weigh/measure/log everything??
  • moxy28
    moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

you lost ten pounds in about five weeks? that is two pounds a week and is pretty good.

Also, calorie deficit is what causes weight loss. Exercise is just a nice addition to make you look and feel better, and help with burns.

Do you own a food scale?

weigh/measure/log everything??

No sorry if that was confusing I lost 5lbs, 10.5 total inches off my measurements and yes I do have a food scale.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I had trouble getting the scales to move in the beginning too so I had to resort to picking them up with my own bare hands and carrying the silly things over to the other side of the bathroom....
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    10.5 inches! Congratulations, you're shrinking... That's your goal, right? Be very, very proud of those numbers.
  • jlolson6740TK2
    jlolson6740TK2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi!

You are doing great!

I can't see your diary, but if you are interested in changing your diet at all I am leading a free 5 day clean eating challenge that starts Monday.

I am running the group through FB. The menu and grocery list is posted and are all ready to go.

This is the idea that I am going with for the group....

Clean eating is eating foods that are closest to their most natural form free of additives, preservatives, or anything artificial. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it. We want to consume foods that are minimally processed if processed at all. Food should come from nature not a company.

Lots of whole grain, lean meats, fruits and veggies. We will defiantly be eating MORE not less!

I also have motivation and accountability page on FB where post daily for support.

If you are interested I would love to help! Send me a PM and I can answer any questions that you have and get you in the groups!!!

It's a long journey but it is so much more fun when you are doing it together!

One day at a time ~ One meal at a time ~ One workout at a time!!!!