Low carb comfort food?

Options
I really need something to get me through the day and not feel like I need to eat a bowl of potato chips to make me happy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kaincain
    kaincain Posts: 1
    Options
    I am diabetic and I watch my carbs. I like to eat meat and chesse. Most cheese is less then 1 gram per serving. Meat, just plain is no carbs, just dress it up alittle. Also, pork rinds have no carbs.

If you like any of these have at them.
  • Health_Temple
    Options
    I snack on beef jerky on long road trips, or sun flour seeds. Pickles have 0-5 calories each and celery and cucumbers are low calorie as well as almost any veggie that are low glycemic. You can check online where they rank, just stay away from the more starchy/sugary ones..potatoes corn ect. I know veggies are carbs, but they are good carbs, your goal should be to stay away from processed foods like chips, bread, pasta, crackers, and sugar. Hope this helps! I really would go for roasted chicken right now personally ;) lol
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I keep slim Jim minis, cheese sticks and zero vitamin water at work along with nature valley protein bars. I feel like I am having a treat when I crack them open.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The other day I roasted a bag of carrot sticks with cayenne pepper and chilli flakes and snacked on them instead of crips, they were pretty good. Or if youre super patient you can do this will courgette (zucchini) too I believe but ive never tried it cause I coudlnt wait 2 hours for them to bake -_-
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I don't do low-carb anymore. But I used to make a low-carb cheesecake every Sunday and treat myself to a piece every day. Delicious and easy.
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the others, but the roasted edamame are delicious and kind of like chips :)

http://www.fitsugar.com/150-Calorie-Snacks-30535514#photo-30535516
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Beef Jerky. High in protein and sodium (not sure if that bothers you), low in fat/carb but is processed. So good.
  • kajh2399
    kajh2399 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to be a huge pasta eater.. now I make Spaghette squash (great pasta alternative) and toss with diced tomatoes and organic grass fed ground beef and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese. A large helping is only 7 - 8 net carbs.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Kale chips
    Dry roasted edamame
    Popcorn (depending on your carb settings)
    Fresh Strawberries or blue berries with Plain Fat free greek yogurt
    String Cheese
    Quest bars
    Peanuts or pistachios in the shell. Cracking them takes longer and it feels like you are eating more
    Celery with Peanut butter
    Apple with Peanut butter
    Celery with cream cheese
    100 calorie pack cinnamon almonds