Need detox advice

Options
Consuming too much sugary, fatty and salty treats at a party last night resulted in bloating and a terrible headache this morning.

I up'd my water today and kept to simple foods with lots of veggies.

What else can I do to detox from my very enjoyable evening?

Replies

• SarahSue41
    Options
    Kombucha tea is really good for helping detox. Also (it's kinda gross but works really well) apple cider vinegar (about 2 - 3 tablespoons) in a tall glass of water works. I had really good luck with both, especially if I do both in a day every day!!

Good luck to you!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If I indulge too much on sugary stuff I take cinnamon capsules to regulate my blood sugar again. As a non-harsh colon detox I would use Super Dieter's Tea. Both are found at health food stores.
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    Just move around. Your body will detox itself using the miraculous lymphatic system.
  • edorice
    Options
    Just move around. Your body will detox itself using the miraculous lymphatic system.

Yes it is miraculous, however I often wonder if it was meant for our modern diet.
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    Yes it is miraculous, however I often wonder if it was meant for our modern diet.

Nothing particularly 'modern' about fat, sugar or salt. And nothing else a digestive enzyme can't help with.

Dietary detox is a myth: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4083
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Try a yeast/candida cleanse product you may be sugar overloaded. I'd also say stick to proteins the next day to cleanse your system.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options

Nothing particularly 'modern' about fat, sugar or salt. And nothing else a digestive enzyme can't help with.

Dietary detox is a myth: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4083

Glad to here another voice of reason. The whole idea of detoxes and cleanses is nuts if you realize that the systems of our bodies are made to do their jobs without crazy regimens. Best thing to do is go back to proper eating and a water intake just slightly above what thirst requires. Supplements like cinnamon are good immune boosters, and kombucha is great to help regulate the flora in our intestines that our over-processed and high-sugar diets tend to get out of whack over time, but as a one time help, neither is helpful. Commitment to a long-term healthy diet and judicious supplements if the best course.
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    Cinnamon has been shown to help with blood sugar, but there's evidence that kombucha has antibiotic qualities. And this isn't a good thing. By drinking the tea you are essentially, and unnecessarily, taking low-grade antibiotics, which only encourages the development of resistant strains of bacteria.
  • edorice
    Options
    I do appreciate a good probiotic.
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    I like to eat my detoxifying elements:) a few of my faves are red pepper flakes, jalapenos, cabbage, spinach, turnip greens...turnips..cinnamon hot tea..flax seed in salads most anything really;)
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    O and another great way to detox/boost the immune system is MASSAGE..try an ABDOMINAL massage..or do it yourself..
    If you have a professional AbMassage..as for PEPPER essential oil to be put on the abdomen and lymph nodes..you can always invigorate those on your own to as simple as self massage Deep UPWARD strokes from chest, neck to chin...underarms..and inner thigh area.. and/or body scrub!! Need to keep the pores open for business! Just mix 1/2 sugar or salt with 1/2 oil and fave bodywash and you've got yourself a SCRUB!! add oil if it goes hard after a wk or so:) I do this once a week;)
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied. I'm feeling better already just by getting back into my normal routines. I may try some hot tea, which is always soothing and nice to have on a cold day.

You're all the best!