Legs sore and swollen from overuse

Options
Gained 1 lb. Have eaten regular amount, about 1700 calories, which means I should be losing .5lbs to 1 lb per week. They have been swollen for the past 5 days

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Try to drink lots of water to help heal your muscles.
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Been drinking tons of water and I don't seem to be getting any better....): It's getting very uncomfortable
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If it's that bad go and see a doctor
  • nicpare
    nicpare Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't think you're giving enough information. What specifically are you doing to "overuse" your legs? I do Breast Cancer Walks, and my legs don't get swollen after walking 26 miles. Swollen legs can be a sign of a more serious medical problem. I think you should call your doctor.
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    See a doctor now.
  • intrepidelephant
    Options
    Forgot to stretch the muscles in my calf before going on first run of the year. Strained both of them on Saturday. Went for 10 mile walk Sunday. Rested Monday. 8 miles walk Tuesday. Rested Wednesday. Now they're worse than ever. 10-12 mile walks are standard for me
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctors....
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm a registered nurse. Sometimes, when a person exercises really hard, the body will actually break down muscle tissue. It's called rhabdomyolysis. It can lead to actual kidney damage, and is very serious. Without stopping to chat about it further here, you need to head to the doctor's office or emergency room NOW, and tell them about your severe exercise activities several days ago.
  • intrepidelephant
    Options
    I didn't exercise hard. I forgot to stretch, was jogging for 15 minutes and pulled the muscles in my legs
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Pulling a muscle does not result in swelling. You need a dr.