What to enter my exercise as?

Options
I just did an hour of Zumba at my gym and It isn't listed under exercises. I'm just wondering what everyone else puts if they do Zumba.

P.S. Sorry for the overspamming, just excited to get this process going :}

Replies

• fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun,

I have added Zumba in "my exercises" - I wear a HRM so can set my calories from that but normally for an hours Zumba you will be looking at between 500 - 700 calories depending on your weight and how hard you went :) x
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That's weird it's becoming such a popular exercise it wouldn't be listed.
  • Baby_Belles
    Options
    Yeah it'd be helpful if it was. We did a bit of yoga at the begining and the end so I just put 10 mins of yoga and an hour of dancing quickly or whatever that option is. It equals out to be about 550.
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey Hun,

I have added Zumba in "my exercises" - I wear a HRM so can set my calories from that but normally for an hours Zumba you will be looking at between 500 - 700 calories depending on your weight and how hard you went :) x
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing, wore a hrm and added Zumba to my excercises. I tend to underestimate my cals burned though - and generally an hour of Zumba for me gets recorded as 430 cals.
  • lxspollack
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I enter my Zumba as high impact aerobics. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a HRM :) I was surprised to find that it wasn't in the exercise database as popular as it is.

Lovin' my ZUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBAAAA!!!