hydroxycut???

Options
Hey well some of you know that I have lost alot of weight, but I have the last 10 or so lbs that will not come off. It has been 4-5 months and nothing!! I have changed up my exercises and have eaten what I should. I am at 22% bodyfat so I can still lose, even the personal trainer at the gym said I could. But since losing I have not taken anything relating to "diet pills" I have although taken things like multivitamin, fish oil and vitamin B12 but thats about it. Now I have heard and read things on hydroxycut but I dont know if I should waste money on something that will not work or will the weight come back if I stop taking it. Or if there is anything else out there that will help with the last few pounds???? So many questions, sorry.. But thanks for listening!! Court

Replies

• athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey well some of you know that I have lost alot of weight, but I have the last 10 or so lbs that will not come off. It has been 4-5 months and nothing!! I have changed up my exercises and have eaten what I should. I am at 22% bodyfat so I can still lose, even the personal trainer at the gym said I could. But since losing I have not taken anything relating to "diet pills" I have although taken things like multivitamin, fish oil and vitamin B12 but thats about it. Now I have heard and read things on hydroxycut but I dont know if I should waste money on something that will not work or will the weight come back if I stop taking it. Or if there is anything else out there that will help with the last few pounds???? So many questions, sorry.. But thanks for listening!! Court
  • athomemommy
    Options
    *****bump*****
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I would like to know how did you get such a flat tummy?
  • athomemommy
    Options
    well it looks awesome from the side but I had two c-sections so I am still trying to get the part around my belly button to look descent!! LOL But lots of crunches, morning and night everyday!!!
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    ive heard hydroxycut when not used properly can make the heart beat verrrrryyy fast. i have been doing a few different things. I take Biotin pills (1 a day), i drink 1 cup of this tea that cleans out your system like once a weak (this particular version is called manazul). When you take it gives you stomach cramps but cleans out your system pretty well. Also once a week i drink 4 glasses of lukewarm water with 2 teaspoons of noniodized sea salt and it cleans you out from the other end. Crazy but yeah you will feel reallly skinny after this. Also i heard on the today show that garlic pills, and papaya pills help you lose up to 5 lbs a week if you take two before every meal. i haven't tried this yet, but it sounds pretty good and safer than hydroxycut. You look fabulous. Wow you have lost sooo much weight!!!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Years ago I used a similar product - with Garcinia Cambogia (sp?) which I believe is in hydroxycut as well (I know that Canadian products can have different ingredients). I remember a trainer saying that these prodcuts are most effective when used for that last 2% edge, when eating and exercising are already amazing. This sounds like it might be you!!! I think that most of these products work in two ways:

(1) With a "metabolic booster" i.e. caffeine or ephedra type ingredient which would increase metabolism by increasing energy (just like coffee would) and you get a steady stream in your blood to keep that energy up.
    (2) It suppresses appetite to some extent - so it makes it easier to decrease calories.

I believe that these are the two main effects of most "weight loss systems". You already look SO AMAZING!!!! But if you want the scale to move a bit more, you might need to really change things up for your body!

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you want something effective try the ECA stack. It's the only legal "fat burner" that has shown to have some effect in peer reviewed studies. 200mg caffeine, 25 mg ephedrine (NOT ephedra), and the "A" stands for aspirin, however, it's not necessary. Start out at 12.5 mg of ephedrine to assess your tolerance.

However, perhaps you should look for other reasons "why" you're not losing fat. How's your diet? Macro-nutrient ratios? Have you tried carb cycling, low carb, or calorie cycling?
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Be careful! I asked my doc about Hydoxycut, specifically, and she told me that it can have devasting effects on your kidneys! As in they will shut down, and quite possibly not recover even after you stop taking it! So make sure you get ALL the facts before you buy... But then you knew that last part, didn't you? :wink:
  • athomemommy
    Options
    See I really dont want to have to use anything, I dont even like to take aspirin. But I dont know what else to do. My body has never been this small, and I know what everyone will say is that I really dont have to lose anymore but I really do. I have always been heavy all my life. I joke sometimes that the last time I weighed this weight was in 6-7th grade which wouldnt be a lie!!! :noway: But I am trying to get my body in the best shape and I am trying to do it the right way, eating healthy and exercising. But like I said before I have plateaued for 4-5 months, so any help on what to do or take would be greatly appreaciated. Thank you all for your help already!! Court
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tried it and din't like it. Made my heart race and felt quite sick to my stomach. Prefer CLA
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    not worth the money I took it and worked my a** off and only lost about 5 pounds?
    I'm training for a bodybuilding show in Oct what I'm finding out is what you are eating and what times you are eating.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    But I am trying to get my body in the best shape and I am trying to do it the right way, eating healthy and exercising. But like I said before I have plateaued for 4-5 months, so any help on what to do or take would be greatly appreaciated. Thank you all for your help already!! Court

I plateau for months at a time, so I can't really help you with a magic formula. I noticed you said "trying to do it the right way" - which drugs are not. It is my belief that if you cannot lose it without pills or the like, you cannot maintain it without pills or similar. But I'm probably just telling you what you already know. You'll get there:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yes, good point about the CLA - that is great, and more "natural" if you will. It is expensive as h***, but worth it!

Court - keep in mind that you LOOK AMAZING!!!! Your body has made such a significant transformation, that it might just take some time to adjust. Maybe you could try and maintain this weight for a while, and then when you've become really comfortable at maintaining these numbers, and your set point is fully re-adjusted (as in your are not gainging anything back) THEN you might want to really change things up (e.g. add two extra 20 minute workouts to the day - try a new workout regimen, add protein shakes, stop eating after 6:00, etc) - something that will once again shock the body.

Best of luck, and don't get too down about 6 lbs - that's only 6 little pounds in the grand scheme of what you've already lost!!! They will come off, it might just take some extra time.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Tried it and din't like it. Made my heart race and felt quite sick to my stomach. Prefer CLA

I have been taking CLA as well, and I like it in that it isn't adding anything 'unnatural' to the body, and I think it's helping me lose weight and gain muscle, which is it's intended purpose. Hydroxycut makes me nervous.
  • wendyk523
    Options
    Try going on only protein for 3-4 days -- it will kick your body into ketosis which is the best fat burning mode -- then keep your carbs really low until you hit goal.

Also, take b-complex vitamins to keep energy up.

It works and there is nothing unhealthy about that :)
    Good luck.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    What is CLA?
  • pollyclover
    Options
    Don't bother with diet pills. First of all, you never know what's in these pills, or other supplements for that matter. Second, they are expensive. And third, they don't really work. Stick with your workout and eating plan. Make it a life change, not a diet to lose those last 10 pounds. It sounds to me like you've worked super hard, and it's going to be hard enough KEEPING the weight off.

Also, you may feel you still have weight to lose, but keep your health your priority. I don't know how old you are, but 22% body fat is very good. Low enough, some would say. If you are going to take pills, stick to vitmains, calcium, etc. Good luck!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I tried Hydroxycut it did nothing for me at all - sorry
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    What is CLA?

Decades of research indicate that CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) actually changes body composition by reducing body fat and increasing or preserving lean muscle mass—giving you a leaner, healthier appearance.

Derived from natural safflower oil, CLA inhibits lipoprotein lipase, an enzyme that breaks down fat from our diets. Once the fat is broken down, it is stored in the body. By suppressing this enzyme, CLA helps reduce the amount of fat that is broken down and, therefore, the amount of fat that is deposited and stored.

Combined with a balanced diet and exercise, CLA can help you lose body fat, and keep it off. You may drop a clothes size or two without yo-yoing between weight loss and gain.
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    My problem with hydroxycut (just like any other excelerant) is once you stop taking them you metabolism will bottom out to adjust. This happened to me after taking metabilife and I gained wt FAST after I stopped. Where is the weight you need to loose, I mean is the fat located in the stomach or legs. Wherever first cardio has the greatest effect to burn fat, but resistance training will be a good additional to any program because muscle burns more calories at rest than fat, so don't necessarily be opposed to gaining muscle mass. That being said, look to do resistance training with emphasis in the problem areas, as those muscles develop they'll begin to pull energy from stored fat in it's immediate area.