What do you like to do with avocado?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    To make the most delicious creamy dressing for salads or as a condiment for latin inspired foods: Put in blender 1 avocado, 2 tbsp water, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp plain white vinegar, 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp fresh herbs (parsley/cilantro). blend, add more water if its not thick enough. add garlic and cumin and hot sauce if you wanna make it more flavorful!

Or as a snack, half an avocado with 1/8 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds, yum! Just sprinkle seeds and scoop out delicious creamy crunchy bites!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I eat them on crackers with crab and cheese, or salmon and cheese, on sandwiches, in wraps, etc

Tonight it's going on my bacon cheese burger.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Its always great with Tacos, but i also eat it with my Burgers!!!! I love the stuff! In my sandwiches and sometimes salads. Once with pizza. ITS AMAZING! lol
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I'm obsessed with raw desserts. Avocado chocolate pudding! Mash 1/2 of a ripe avocado mix in 1-2 T unsweetened cocoa powder. Blend with honey to taste! Chill if desired. One serving. One delicious, amazing serving.

Um, this sounds amazing??? I'm definitely going to make this sometime soon because I need it in my life! :love:

One of my favorite ways to eat avocados is to mash up a little bit of one, put it on a slice of toast, and then top that with an overeasy egg. It's a really nice one-handed breakfast (or you can use a knife and fork to feel fancy like I do). I also like:

- cubing it and mixing it with fresh bacon crumbles
    - adding it to smoothies for extra creaminess
    - spreading some of the mash onto sandwiches
    - tossing cubes of it with some salad
    - adding it to the pocket of an omelette with some chili powder and bacon
    - taco/burrito garnish anyone?
    - speaking of tacos, making it into some killer guac of course

and just spooning it straight out of the peel with some salt and pepper on it (I may add some olive oil/cottage cheese/diced tomato on top if I'm in the mood for something a little fancier).

TL;DR: Avocados = good with everything.
  • Grumpellina
    Options
    Let it rot in the refrigerator.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ifl

I have put it in smoothies before
  • aj7x
    aj7x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    On toast with tomato and salt!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat avocado pretty much daily...most of the time I just toss some salt on there or some hot sauce and spoon out the meat. I also put it on salads, make guacamole, burgers and/or sandwich topping, etc.
  • nscallion
    nscallion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I toast a whole wheat english muffin and use half on an avocado to spread like "butter". Then I squeeze a little lime juice and a sprinkle of coarse salt.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love putting it in salads and on bun-less burgers with all of your favourite condiments.
    Also blend it up and put it in your hair as a hair treatment.
  • stephbeland8
    stephbeland8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try a gratin! Miamm!!!!

https://en.cookpad.com/recipe/1093655
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the trash. That *kitten* is disgusting.
  • ohmohner
    ohmohner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. Put it on everything ;)
    2. Recently discovered it can be a great Mayo substitute! I had a can of tuna & mashed the avocado up in it, added some chopped celery and voila! SO good! Didn't miss the mayonnaise at all!
    3. Put it on everything =D -- with eggs, on sandwiches, chopped in a tomato/cucumber salad, on tacos, with fish (especially if you cajun the fish!)... the list goes on and on!
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Options
    Wonderful ideas everyone! I've decided to make chicken and guacamole tacos :)