Newbie with 200 lbs to lose

Options
I am new to MFP, but not to dieting. I've tried numerous things with varying degrees of success but I like the way this program looks. I like seeing the nutritional breakdown of the foods I am putting in my body, not just calories. I will be 50 this year and I need to get healthy for myself, and for my family. I want to be around to dance at my granddaughters' weddings! I would appreciate support, and will be happy to give support to you.

Replies

• hangintheresuju
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This website just gives you an approximate of how much energy you consume and how much of that you burn. This gives me a rough idea of how much calories I have burnt in a day. Sticking to it can be hard, you can download the app for phones and tablets.
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome...and good luck!
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the beginning of a NEW you!!! I too turned 50 this year - and vowed it would be my best year yet!! So far - it has been :) You can do this - MFP is the best tool to help you on your way!!
  • heatherrp1977
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sort of a newbie myself, going on 4 weeks and I have lost 7 pounds so far, though it seems to fluctuate. One piece of advice, when you start to feel discouraged, come back here for motivation. The advice and tips are very encouraging to keep you on track! :D
  • bllhffmn
    bllhffmn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also a newbie with 50 breathing down my neck. I want this next year to be a great one. We can do this! Feel free to ad me.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! and feel free to add. Otherwise, best of luck on your journey ahead!

533d8e0f0cf281880037d559-295xh_zps8ccc9e6c.jpg
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. It's a huge asset and it will help you tremendously if you use it faithfully. Share your journey's struggles and celebrate your successes. Although I have lost a third of my weight I still hope to lose another 50 pounds and I expect that's going to take longer than the first 100. If I can help in your quest for good health let me know. I'm here everyday, often several times a day.
  • kimazoo
    kimazoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome to MFP!! You are going to do great - logging is one of the biggest parts of the journey so you are well on your way. So many here motivate me when I feel like I'm unmotivated. Keep your focus small and away from big goals - that's what has helped me. I tackled the first 10 pounds, then the next __lbs and then gave myself rewards for each goal I set. That way it wasn't overwhelming. You are going to do great!!
  • jjoh553028
    jjoh553028 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I have been here since January. I am down 25 lbs so far, but have a long way to go. I log every day. Add me as a friend if you would like, we can all use support on this journey.