What motivates you...

Options
Hi All

I know I want to loose weight and I know the reasons why but sometimes as we know its tough. What motivates you to eat well and exercise? Thought it would be nice to share. So for me I like logging my food and seeing the weight I will be if I eat like that each day. I also like that little tired feeling in my mucles after I have been the gym...

Replies

• greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It started out that I needed to for health reasons now its for me. I can't say I feel better because I never felt bad when I was heavy. What I can say is that I feel better about myself. Plus I am enjoying wearing clothes that actually look good on me.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    it started as a way to find focus and heal from the most emotionaly painful thing that has ever happened to me.
    IT has morphed into more..I am starting to get my self esteem back, I can look in the mirror and not cringe..as much..:)
    I know I am better then the painful memories..it has helped me apply closure and move on to bigger and better things.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    At heavier weight my knees hurt. I gained back just a few pounds and feeling it in my knees this week already.

also when I eat healthier my stomach feels better, my joints hurt less and and the exercise makes me feel better overall. I slacked off a bit and lost energy and just didn't feel as good. Staying on track keeps me better.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    For me, it's the goals I have set for myself. I'm currently training for a half marathon and the desire to cross the finish line and say "I DID IT!!!" is keeping me motivated to do the training and eat the right foods.

Some days it's hard, very hard, to find the motivation to go run, but I know what my end goal is and what I really want to achieve, so that keeps me going.

Good luck!
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I want to look fantastic naked. I also have personal goals such as running faster or lifting more, and measurements (smaller waist).
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Looking good naked is always at the top of the list. But I do some pretty killer races and challenges, and I don't want to suck at them. I also don't want to get old.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    My daughter.
    My boyfriend.
    My health.
    Wearing non plus size clothes.
    Not being one of those people who are too fat they can't walk.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Look better
    Feel better
    Prove to myself that I can follow through and do it.
    Do something for myself.
    I like the logging too and the little message about how much you'll weigh in 5 weeks, lol.
    The exercise - ugh - my motivation for that is to be healthier and to set a good example for my kids.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    the thought i will have a longer happier life.

the accomplishments I have made

being able to say, I did that (run races) and still do them

the happiness i see from my family that they are so proud of me and what I have gone through and who I have become.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I just don't... FEEL like me at this weight. I am uncomfortable. I love running and swimming and being strong. This weight is just holding me back. THAT is what motivates me... I want to FEEL good.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I just don't... FEEL like me at this weight. I am uncomfortable. I love running and swimming and being strong. This weight is just holding me back. THAT is what motivates me... I want to FEEL good.

I want to lose weight because it hinders my running, makes my heart work harder to pump blood through the extra weight I carry. not only that it's harder to run carrying extra weight. I have motivation all over the place!!!!
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a beachbody coach, and I don't want to disappoint my team. I'm also studying to be a personal trainer, and have my first child on the way. Also I want to live forever :)
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    me, because when i dont feel comfortable i dont act confident. my kids, because i never want to embarrass them. my boyfriend, the one and only man who has never laughed at me, put me down, made fun of me, cant keep his hands off me regardless of my extra cushion, he deserves someone who loves herself as much as he loves me.

and in the end, that b*tch friend that got my now exhusband to knock her up while we were married can eat *kitten* when she sees me. although that's not motivation, her b*tch *kitten* face sure did look smug when she saw me the other day and i will be quite content next time our paths cross...
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I was never out of shape, I had always worked out, ran played sports. When I got hurt and got lazy I gained a LOT of weight and hated the way I felt. I was sick & tired of feeling and looking like crap.

Feeling better
    ENERGY
    Being able to tuck my shirt in instead of the "Hide the fat" shirt untucked look that wasn't fooling anybody!
    The Pump!
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When I exercise first thing in the morning, I feel better for the rest of the day. I didn't exercise today and today I am a grumpy, stressed b word (I'm not sure if we're allowed to swear in the forums). Also a couple of weeks ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and the body I had wasn't the body I started with when I started here.
  • Lynne4906
    Lynne4906 Posts: 15
    Options
    Seeing people I know I'll see once a year...I want to look good each year..sometimes better each year!
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I now truly feel better when I've regularly working out and miss it when I'm not.
    I enjoy the feeling of being sore from a good workout and feel/see my muscles becoming more defined.
    Putting on a pair of pants I couldn't fit into before and actually fitting into them!
    Comments from others that have noticed my progress.
    Wanting to look good this summer for my birthday blowout and seeing family and friends I may not have seen in awhile.
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Success stories motivated me to start. I must have read HUNDREDS of them. I still read them to give me a push if I need one but now my own results motivate me.

You should read some of the success stories on here. There's a whole thread dedicated to them and it is nothing short of phenomenal what some people have been able to accomplish. And they're regular people just like you and me so it gives you hope that you can do it too.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    I like the way I feel when I get through a workout. I like knowing that when I go into a place I am usually one of the biggest mfers in there. I like feeling good about myself. I like to warm up with what other people are maxing on. That is what motivates me.
    Oh and on a side note I am not a jerk and I am actually a very quite person, just had to clarify that because I realize what I said above can be taken the wrong way!
  • Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am going to walk my step daughter down the aisle in August, so I got to look good for the photos.