Lose 50lbs in 12 month......DONE! (with a week to spare)

Options
alex6971
alex6971 Posts: 51 Member
After I had my son in February 2013 (and i gave myself a few weeks to recover) I set a target to lose 50lbs in 52 week. My 52 weeks is up on the 8th April. My starting weight on 8th April 2013 was 197lbs and my dress size was 18 (although quite tight). I invested in a treadmill which is in my garage and every moning i go on that for half an hour, dont run just brisk walk. I also started an exercise class called Metafit which is a 30 minute workout which uses your own body weight to train (something similar to 30 day shred). I hate gyms! Anything past half an hour and i'm bored so this class worked great for me. I did that 2 to 3 times a week. I was never on a diet, i just watched what i was eating. This is how MFP was great for me if i wanted something "bad" i could have it but i just had to compensate elsewhere i.e. have a smaller meal at tea time. I always tried to eat at least half of my exercise calories back. Some weeks i would go off the rails and on some days my diary could be -3000+ calories but as long as I got back to it the next day I didnt care. I always had a day of rest too (Sundays) where i didnt exercise and ate what i wanted. This worked great for me and a week before my 52 week deadline i now weigh 146 lbs (1lbs less than my target!!) and am a size 12/14. MFP is great not only for helping you lose weight but also educating you on the nutrients in certain foods. I was shocked at some of the calorie/fat content in some of the foods i was eating. It also educated me on portion control too. The spag bol i used to have would do me three times over now!

A tip to everyone if you fall off the wagon dont give up just get back on the next day and start again. Everyone needs a "bad" day every once in a while or you would get bored and give up.

Good luck everyone.

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!
  • hollyyy92
    hollyyy92 Posts: 20
    Options
    Great job X
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Well done :D x
  • mgebersold
    mgebersold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to hear. Congrats
  • educatyion
    educatyion Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Go you! Enjoy your success!
  • remedysmom
    Options
    Yay! Congrats!
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good Job! It's so important not to let one bad day ruin your journey.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to commit to a healthier you!
  • IrishOKel
    IrishOKel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Exactly what i needed to hear wondering myself if it's achievable with cheat days and effort of course. Thanks! You're Awesome!
  • mich1760
    mich1760 Posts: 34
    Options
    Great job. It is my plan to lose 50 in 12 months as well.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great work! Thanks for the post.
  • zlacasse
    zlacasse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're post is very timely. I just blew my calorie goal by 2400 calories last night, I was out of control!! So the fact that you mention that you had some bad days too and just started fresh the next day, makes me think (hope) that I can do it too.
  • AndrewRe101
    AndrewRe101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is excellent and well done. A timely reminder that on bad day does not = failure.
  • RobinLynx
    RobinLynx Posts: 60
    Options
    Congrats!! And what a great post, that is so good to hear
  • mbernardy
    mbernardy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How very excellent to hear of your success with using a consistent and reasonable plan!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!