Jeans NSV

Options
melissamarah
melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
I wear jeans pretty much 7 days/week. I've been wearing 16's since before I started losing weight, and I've noticed that they've definitely gotten looser. I assumed I wasn't fully down a size yet, so I haven't bought any new jeans. Well, today all my jeans were dirty and I'm too lazy to do laundry right now. I went digging through my shelves, and found a size 12 jeans from when I had lost weight in 2009 with Weight Watchers. I actually got them zipped up! I mean, they're skin-tight and I've definitely got a bit of a muffin top in them, but I was sure I wouldn't even get them up my thighs.

Here's what I'm really happy about. I'm 234 pounds right now. I'm pretty sure I was around 215 when I wore 12's before. I mean, yeah, I should probably lose another 5 or 10 pounds before I really look good in these jeans, but I weigh a lot more than I did when I fit in these jeans. And as I said, I'm too lazy to do laundry right now (ugh tonight I'll do it, or get my hubby to do it), so I'm wearing these jeans today with a baggy shirt.

Replies

• 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I wear jeans pretty much 7 days/week. I've been wearing 16's since before I started losing weight, and I've noticed that they've definitely gotten looser. I assumed I wasn't fully down a size yet, so I haven't bought any new jeans. Well, today all my jeans were dirty and I'm too lazy to do laundry right now. I went digging through my shelves, and found a size 12 jeans from when I had lost weight in 2009 with Weight Watchers. I actually got them zipped up! I mean, they're skin-tight and I've definitely got a bit of a muffin top in them, but I was sure I wouldn't even get them up my thighs.

Here's what I'm really happy about. I'm 234 pounds right now. I'm pretty sure I was around 215 when I wore 12's before. I mean, yeah, I should probably lose another 5 or 10 pounds before I really look good in these jeans, but I weigh a lot more than I did when I fit in these jeans. And as I said, I'm too lazy to do laundry right now (ugh tonight I'll do it, or get my hubby to do it), so I'm wearing these jeans today with a baggy shirt.
    Isn't It a grrrreat feeling??? My daughter and a couple of friends laughed their butts off when I was so excited & could slide out of my jeans and did it right in front of them.:laugh: That is my (NVS)
    They were happy for me and hung the jeans up on my bedroom wall to remind me how far I have come and never want to be back in those jeans again :wink:
    PS: I am jealous of you :tongue: I am down to 215 and just shrunk out of my size 24 jeans.
    No actually I am very happy for you :drinker:
  • melissamarah
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I should have said I'm 6' tall, hahaha. :wink:

Congrats to you, too!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I was also like what? I'm 191 lb and in a 14. But I'm 5'8" with large hips. It is funny how that works, different weights and sizes.

Enjoy your jeans, they will just look better and better!!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    yay to nsv moments!! i love your bears ticker too. i am from chicago originally myself :)
  • melissamarah
    Options
    Hahaha! Yeah, my measurements are always a bit odd, since I'm so tall. When I buy jeans, I have to get them in "tall" or "long" sizes, and even those aren't long enough in some brands!

And go Bears! I live in LA now, and when I wear my Chicago gear I always make new friends.
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! Congrats on the current loss and the the future weight loss! Always nice to see people on the right track! :glasses: WTG!
  • melissarmonroe
    melissarmonroe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Isn't it funny how different weights can equate to such different sizes. I have been up close to 200 and was still squeezing my butt into a lot of the same 10's I had at 150.
  • kmr0293
    kmr0293 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I should have said I'm 6' tall, hahaha. :wink:
    I was about to say.....I weighed 159 and a 12 with out stretch was as small as i could go. But I am a pear. I can't wait to be in a 12 again. KUTGW!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!