Switching to TDEE, check my numbers?

Options
I've been having some success using a 1900cal goal, and logging/eating my exercise cals back. (14lbs in last 6 weeks) Lost about 2 inches on waist, and 1.5 on chest.

That said, I have been reading and researching, and I really want to make sure I am doing this in a healthy, sustainable fashion, and my tdee numbers don't seem to add up to what I was doing, so I am looking for some feedback if anyone is willing.

My Info -
6'0 tall,
251lbs
39 yrs old
Desk Job
doing p90x (6 days a week mixed cardio/weights)

I'm getting the following numbers
BMR - 2300
TDEE - 3531
reccomended calories for goal - 2650

The 2600 seems high to me, but I am thinking of trying a bump up to 2400 to see how it might affect my results.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Replies

• aggie613
    aggie613 Posts: 21
    Options
    Which calculator are you using? I like iifym.com. You can eat all of your TDEE calories if you are just looking to maintain.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound off at all. I'm a 5'4" female, 138 lb and I eat around 2100 on average a day to lose a miniscule amount of fat a week. My TDEE is somewhere between 2400-2600. Desk job, gym 6 days a week (2 cardio, 4 5/3/1 heavy lifting). Eat more food! :D
  • DJtrvl
    DJtrvl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried 4-5 of them to be honest. The numbers I posted in my original post are from http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

regards
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You have lost a little more than 2 lbs a week, yes? That implies a 1166 Calorie deficit on average per day. Given that you are eating back exercise calories on top of the 1900, it sounds like that TDEE number is pretty accurate. If you add up all the calories consimed for the same time frame, you should have a very good idea of your average TDEE - it would be all calories consumed + (14x3500) (calories "lost") /42 days (6 weeks)

ETA: given a TDEE of 3500/day, a goal of 2600 cals a day seems imminently reasonable to me - that still works out to almost 2 lbs/wk weight loss
  • DJtrvl
    DJtrvl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!