Endomondo?

Options
I downloaded Endomondo onto my phone and used it for the first time today. when i was done, my phone said i burned 363 kcal, but the website says 697 kcal. why is there a difference? i put the lower number into MFP's exorcise diary because that seemed like the sane amount. Does anyone know which one i should use?

Replies

• salvaje913
    salvaje913 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo with a HRM and have been doing good losing weight. So seems to be accurate enough to not over estimate calories burned.
  • ScifiGirl1986
    ScifiGirl1986 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know a few people who use it, but my problem is that it gave me two different kcal burn amounts and i don't know which one is the right one. My phone said 362 and the website has it listed as 697. which one would it be?
  • salvaje913
    salvaje913 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    People have cited on these forums that MFP over estimates about 20% or so. However it is double in your case which is odd. Did you fill out the profile in Endomondo completely? It uses age and weight in the calculation along with time and pace.
  • ScifiGirl1986
    ScifiGirl1986 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yeah, i did and now it has given me another number 1491 and MFP is telling me i now need to eat 2000 calories more. i am so confused.