How to lose 30 pounds in 4 months.

Options
I know diet and exercising is the case, but i eat 400 calorie lunches and have enough energy to burn 400 calories a day but then dinner is only 600 calories, i don't have time to eat 6 meals a day because of school, and breakfast, I can't make or else id only have 4 hours a sleep per night. I have a long distance relationship, I'm lesbian and the girl i love doesn't know I'm fat, I'm trying to lose it all in 4 months before i see her this summer, I weigh 172 I'm 5'4 and i don't want to disappoint when i have rejected my whole life. Can someone give me details on how much calories a day I should eat, and how many do I need to burn a day. because I'm confused about the whole if you eat under calories you'll lose muscle and gain back, but also how am i suppose to lose weight, because they say 1200 calories a day and work out, which leads to 800 calories, if i have to lose weight with 1200 why don't i just eat that and not exercise? Help please

Replies

• leighqt
    leighqt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    surely if you are in a relationship she would love you for who you are.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You eat at deficit to lose weight to look good in clothes. You exercise to look good without them :)
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    "the girl i love doesn't know I'm fat"

:huh:
  • sexykerz
    sexykerz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello if you insert your weight and height and information about how active you are my fitness pal will tell you how much to eat ... All the best and I can relate to you but my gf knows me but it's still long distance :) I'm sure she will love you for who you are .. Top tho is to drink water , limit your carbs and work out limit dressing and fried foods .. Good luck
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I know not all bodies are alike but when I cut AKA try to drop body fat % I do High Intensity interval training (aka HIIT). as far as calories go trust what ever MFP gives you as your daily calorie goal and try to eat at a 300-500 cal deficit. So if MFP gives you 2,000 calories as a daily goal try your best to aim around 1500-1700. ^_^ and as far as relationships go I'm not a guru and I know even less about long distance but if she likes you now she'll like you when she see's you. That being said I still think you should start a healthy lifestyle and respect that you are trying to better yourself ^_^. Oh and as a side note just because it says you can have 1500 cals does not mean you can go eat fast food as long as its under your cal goal do your best to eat CLEAN try to lower those carbs as much as you can and if you do eat carbs make sure they're veggies or whole grains. Thats my 2 cents on the matter feel free to add me. I've still got a lot to lose myself ^_^.

When things don't happen right away, just remember: It takes 6 months to build a Rolls-Royce and 13 hours to build a Toyota. Build yourself like a Rolls-Royce.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

This Up-Arrow.png

She probably knows more than you think. And she's still around.
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When things don't happen right away, just remember: It takes 6 months to build a Rolls-Royce and 13 hours to build a Toyota. Build yourself like a Rolls-Royce.

THIS! Love it!
    And you need to do this for yourself....not to please others. You can do it! Maybe not as fast as you want, but you've already received great info in this thread :) Use it!
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    U r a beautiful sexy beast not every woman wants skinny km. If u want to look better for ur other its not calories. Its carbs. I have been with my husband 8 years and have had five kids in six starting at the begining. And still want b to be perfect for him. Its never a number. Its love he is 6foot 4 and over ,300 pounds and I love everything about him . Love is ur best friend in the whole world. If she loves u more than herself u r perfect to her now.
  • motivatemychange
    motivatemychange Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Okay, your thinking processes are completely wrong for starters (unless I'm just interpreting it wrong)

Your body needs about 1400 calories for you to just sit down in a relaxed position doing absolutely nothing. But your body also needs those calories and the nutrients that come with it for your body to repair and protect itself.

Therefore, you should eat at least 1400 calories! If you don't have much time a day, I recommend, 30 minutes of exercise a day 5 times a week. You can burn a good 200-300 calories in this time so work hard!

Concerning breakfast, this is a MUST. I cannot stress how important this meal is out of all of them! It's your kick start energy of the day, and it gives your body the kick start it needs. It increases your metabolic rate from the start of your day and therefore you burn more calories during your day! Aim for 200-300 calories here! It takes 10 minutes to make breakfast. So make the time!

It takes 3500 calories to burn off 1lbs of fat. So bear this in mind. A combination of 1400 calories plus your workout should do this easily! Obviously make good choices. There's a difference between 1400 calories of McDonalds vs 1400 of fruit, veg and whole foods :) They both reach your calorie limit but one will help you lose weight and one will not! And a healthy amount of weight to lose is 1lbs a week. Anymore and it will be hard to maintain!

I'm in a long distance relationship and I've never had a problem with it being a long distance relationship, it does not affect my diet one bit. Secondly, if this relationship was serious, she would love you for exactly how you looked! When I was at my heaviest, my boyfriend loves me just as much as he does now :)

Sorry for the long essay! I hope things go well for you!
  • yukikawidget
    Options
    Your answer was the one i needed most thank you :D