Healthy, Quick Breakfast??

Options
Hello all,

I am wondering what everyone eats for breakfast as I find that's my hardest meal of the day to plan and stick to. I'm getting tired of protein bars and meal shakes and can only eat so much yogurt and granola. Any ideas on something quick and easy that isn't any of the above???

Thanks!

Laura

Replies

• debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The nature valley oat & honey bars are delicious and 2 bars are only 190 calories. They also have peanut butter ones (don't know the stats on those, but they're not my favorites.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Try this!!
    Egg Mugs!!! It's super fast and easy. (You can wrap it in a tortilla and take it with you if you're on the run!)
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/search?keyword=egg+mugs

Also, Oatmeal w/fruit is quick and easy too.

Hope that helps!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I tend to not have time or much of an appetite in the morning so I have been putting 1/2 scoop of protein powder and some cream in my coffee. Seems to give me a good start :)
  • Darklima
    Options
    I love turkey bacon at only 35 calories a strip I have that once or twice a week. Instant oatmeal packets at 160 calories. Kashi go lean crunch at 200 calories 1cup. Tea with a tblspn honey sixty calories. Those are my main options.
  • Megguski
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches - great for on the go. I use 1 - 100 calorie sandwich round, 2 egg whites, 1 slice of turkey bacon and 1 slice of havarti cheese. Total calorie count - 240.
  • mamaw210
    mamaw210 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really like an egg sandwich quick to make spray nonstick small skillet add 1 Tablespoon hormel real bacon bits (25cal) let brown then add 1/4 cup egg sub (30 cal) and cook flip over and add 1/2 slice american cheese slice (30 cal) Toast Thin Bun (100 cal) in toaster & spray with small amount of spray butter then add either a small amount of either sugar free jam or salsa or ketchup depending on taste and there you have a nice hot breakfast sandwich for around 200 calories and it stays with you for hours. Hope that helps.:drinker:
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    One of my regulars is a breakfast sandwich. I pop 2 or 3 egg whites in a bowl spray with a squirt non stick spray and microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, pop a bagel thin in the toaster. When the bagel thin pops I spread it with a wedge of LC cheese wedge, a squirt of spicy brown mustard, lay on a roasted red pepper, slide on egg whites. Wrap it up in a paper towel and run out the door to work. It really keeps me full until lunch time.

Oatmeal is something else I like to make. I just put a 1/2 cup dry oats, a tsp of splenda brown sugar, and a dash of cinnamon in a sealed plastic container. When I get to work I just add a cup of water to it and microwave it for 1 1/2 minutes and then let it just set for another minute. Every one tells me it makes the office smell good.

Also, keep in mind you don't have to eat just "breakfast" foods. You can eat whatever you want but make sure you get some lean protein and/or fiber to help keep you full.
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie - fast and easy and endless variety. Just Google to find recipes.
  • mamaw210
    Options
    I also recently found the morningstar brand meal starter that tastes like sausage and 1/3 cup is 45 cal I measure 1/3 c from frozen bag and microwave it for 5-6 seconds and then add it to the nonstick sprayed pan and it makes a sausage omelet sandwich with the above ingredients.
  • mamaw210
    Options
    Oh that Oatmeal idea sounds wonderful Will definitely do that
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    cheddar flavored grits and a banana for me.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Instant quaker weight control maple and brown sugar oatmeal with 8 ounces Alomond milk. Or try sara lee whole wheat english muffins topped with naturally more peanut with 8 ounces almond milk. Either one you can add a banana on the side. Both are really healthy and very fillin choices. :smile:
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I take a morning star sausage patty and wheat english muffin. Pop them in the microwave and you are out the door with breakfast in your hand in 2 minutes! Even if you're a meat eater, you'll be surprised by how good these are.
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters, 1/2 cup
    Jimmy Dean - Turkey Sausage Crumbles, 2/3 cup
    Kraft - Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 1/4 cup

Scramble eggs and sausage together; sprinkle with cheese...this could also be wrapped in a tortilla but I normally don't (only because I eat at my desk).

Calories 185
    Carbs 6
    Fat 4
    Protein 32
    Fiber 0
    Sugar 1
  • legend1973
    Options
    Quaker instant maple and cinnamon reduced sugar with a sliced banana in it, 220cals and filling, PLUS it tastes great!!!
  • GirLinTheRedScarf
    Options
    I like a cup of coffee with a tiny bit of 0.1%-fat milk to drink, or, if I feel like something sweet, 25 cal hot chocolate :)
    to eat I like porridge with a little bit of honey to sweeten or Stevia ..and cinnamon or vanilla (this part is obviously up to you then :) I feel like it's quite filling. Of course you can put some fruit in there if you like. Or some whole-wheat bread (you can put on some low - fat cream cheese, low-fat cottage cheese or whatever you like..
    If you're into muesli in the mornings, you could mix your own..bran flakes, some oats, dry fruits or fresh fruits, nuts (good for protein also), puffed wheat cereal and whatever you find in your grocery stores..you're gonna have to play around with the ingredients and calories :)

Hope it gave you some inspiration,
    and, if you've got the time, go to your grocery store and take the time to look around, maybe you're gonna find something this way...oh, and then please share with us :)
    Good luck!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Egg white omelettes are super quick and FILLING! I use liquid egg whites because they come in small containers. I just shake and pour. I usually steam veggies in advance and put them in ziplock bags. In the morning I pour the egg whites in the pan, toss in a slice of reduced fat cheese, dump in the veggies that I've already steamed, cover it on low heat for a few minutes, fold in half and enjoy with some hot sauce!

Charmagne
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am wondering what everyone eats for breakfast as I find that's my hardest meal of the day to plan and stick to. I'm getting tired of protein bars and meal shakes and can only eat so much yogurt and granola. Any ideas on something quick and easy that isn't any of the above???

Thanks!

Laura

I used to drink Shakeology every morning for breakfast, but I am switching that to my lunch. Too cold in the morning to be having a frosty shake. LOL So now my mornings will consist of oatmeal with fresh fruit and agave nectar. Along with 4 oz of apple juice and 2 caps of Apple Cider Vinegar
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    hard boiled eggs are an easy grab out of the fridge, and very portable. Where I work, is pretty laid back, so I eat a "snack" later in the morning like toasted sandwich thins or bagel thins with PB2. I always have fruit around like bananas, apples, and oranges. Grapes already portioned and bagged are an easy grab in the AM too. Another good snack could be the instant oatmeal; although they tend to be higher in sugar and/ or sodium.

just my thoughts and suggestions...
  • lxspollack
    Options
    My usual breakfast is 1/2 C oatmeal(cooked in microwave) then I add 2 tablespoons walnuts and 1/2 a banana... the nuts add a little texture and the banana gives it sweetness without the sugar or artificial sweetners. If it's not oatmeal I go for and egg cooked with no added fat on a Pepperage Farm flat bread with a slice of lowfat cheese. Or if i'm really in a hurry a slice of high fiber toast, a hard boiled egg(always keep them in the fridge for fast snacks and breakfast) and fruit small necterine, small apple or half a large.

Hope that helps

Lexy