help! people with open diaries that logged last 7 days

Options
Hi all!

I am pretty desperate as I am doing a capstone project and realizing none of the data I am looking for is actually available online. I am basically trying to do some statistical analysis on macronutrients and how/if they affect weight loss.

I am looking for anyone who has a visible diary and has logged their food/exercise every day the past 7 days who have also logged their weight from 1 week ago to their weight today. I just need to compile a list to compare macronutrients against how much weight you've lost over the same time frame (7 days)

If you are willing to participate,and have an open diary, comment or message me the following:

Starting weight from 7 days ago
Current weight after 7 days of logging
and you have an open food diary!!!

If you have an area on your diary that is seven days long that you have a start/end weight I could use, just reply which 7 day period to use on your diary and the day 1 weight from that period and the day 7 weight from that period!

Not sure if this will work but it is worth a try!

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to use mine, I have weight entries for 27 and 30 march and 2nd and 4th April. It might not suit your study though as I have just transitioned from a bulk to maintainance this week (wasn't actually looking for a loss but got one).

ETA: 155.8 - 154.2
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I can definitely use your information as long as others respond as well!
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can use my data. 143.9 lbs to 143.6 lbs in one week, with ups and downs in between. I always weigh first thing in the morning. My food diary is open to all.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I've been steady at 189.4 for the past eight days.
  • kmessinger14
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    my diary is open ...feel free to snoop around :happy:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    me.. I log everyday
  • kmessinger14
    Options
    my diary is open ...feel free to snoop around :happy:

can you tell me your starting weight (as of Thursdayy March 27) through yesterday (Wednesday April 6)?
  • kmessinger14
    Options
    me.. I log everyday

can you tell me your starting weight (as of Thursdayy March 27) through yesterday (Wednesday April 6)?
  • kmessinger14
    Options
    Just warning you that 1 week of data is not significant.

Thanks. I know this from all the research I have done but as for a quick data analysis and lack of time it is all I have to go with for now.... I am trying to think of a way to do a survey for a month or more but seeing as how the semester is coming to an end I am struggling with ways to find data. There is data online for similar type studies but none of them have specific macros in the dataset so I am stuck with this for now.... Hopefully it will show that further investigation would be worth investing in?
  • kabu001
    kabu001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can use my info if you wish. Logging food and weight for over 500 days.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Feel free to use mine. SW last Thursday was 189.4 and this morning 187.2 if you need all the weights in between PM me and I'll get them to you.
  • kmessinger14
    Options
    You can use my info if you wish. Logging food and weight for over 500 days.

Can you tell me your weigh-in weight from Thurs March 27 and from yesterday April 5th? thanks!
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There are scholarly journal articles on how macronutrient ratios affect weight loss in databases such as Medline. Have you searched your library databases or just the open web?
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to check mine out. I'm new to MFP, so I don't know how much help I will be.

My weight as of 3/26/14...222 lbs
    As of yesterday 4/2/14...220 lbs

I hope it helps!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Thanks. I know this from all the research I have done but as for a quick data analysis and lack of time it is all I have to go with for now.... I am trying to think of a way to do a survey for a month or more but seeing as how the semester is coming to an end I am struggling with ways to find data. There is data online for similar type studies but none of them have specific macros in the dataset so I am stuck with this for now.... Hopefully it will show that further investigation would be worth investing in?

What do you mean they don't have specific macros in the dataset? Here's a study right here that discusses weight loss with different macro compositions done over a 2 year period with over 600 participants. I found it doing a google search.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763382/
  • kmessinger14
    Options

What do you mean they don't have specific macros in the dataset? Here's a study right here that discusses weight loss with different macro compositions done over a 2 year period with over 600 participants. I found it doing a google search.

I have found many articles discussing studies about this but I need the raw data to run the statistical analysis myself. For other parts of my project there have been raw datasets I've been able to use without having to retrieve the actual data by myself but I can't find the actual "excel sheet" of every single participant and their individual numbers for each variable to run a model for this type of study....
  • kmessinger14
    Options
    There are scholarly journal articles on how macronutrient ratios affect weight loss in databases such as Medline. Have you searched your library databases or just the open web?

Yes I have found many articles but unfortunately none of them provide the actual data they used to verify their results. So I am looking for actual data to analyze and hopefully come up with the same results as all of these articles.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I have found many articles discussing studies about this but I need the raw data to run the statistical analysis myself. For other parts of my project there have been raw datasets I've been able to use without having to retrieve the actual data by myself but I can't find the actual "excel sheet" of every single participant and their individual numbers for each variable to run a model for this type of study....

Is the point of this project just to prove that you know how to run a statistical analysis, or are you actually supposed to be able to make recommendations for future research and applications based on your data analysis and model? Because if it's the latter, just knowing macros and weight isn't going to be enough. You'd have to take into account a person's age, gender, medical history, general daily activity level, exercise (frequency, type, duration, intensity), etc. Each of us sets our macros specific to our own goals and needs, whether it's a training goal or due to medical condition like PCOS. Without addressing those factors in your data, your model isn't going to be of much value.