eating back workout calories??

Options
this is an old question i guess BUT
set my goals to 1.5 a week losing weight , which puts my

calorie intake to 1700 a day
been to gym today a done a lot of cardio, and it say my goal today is 2700
i have eaten 1865 today, and not hungry and nearly time for bed.

so my question , am i going to loose more weight because of this or am i going to not.
or more importantly , am i going to do my self any harm ?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    One day of being under your calories won't hurt you any. You can eat a little more tomorrow if you'd like to balance it or just ignore it completely.

If it becomes a habit you might want to try to plan your days better and include some higher calorie meals on your workout days.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I find I'm hungriest after a leg workout...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    www.shouldIeatmyexercisecalories.com
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    One day of being under your calories won't hurt you any. You can eat a little more tomorrow if you'd like to balance it or just ignore it completely.

If it becomes a habit you might want to try to plan your days better and include some higher calorie meals on your workout days.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Simply plan a bit better plus maybe if your food was a bit more appetising you might not struggle to eat your calories!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    www.shouldIeatmyexercisecalories.com

What the heck happened to this website? :sad:
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM but I have stopped adding my workout calories into MFP. It just gets too confusing. I know my food really well, and if it's a day after a hard workout, I will usually add a little extra to what I eat.
  • ducky78do
    Options
    I find that I pretty much stick to my 1,500 calories a day but if I add my exercise too early in the day I forget and end up eating more. In order for me to stick to the 1.500 I simply add my exercise at the very end when I'm ready to complete my entry for the day. This way not only do I eat my calories but I get to see how much of those calories I have burned off. Plus this way it is a lot less confusing cause I also was getting very confused by it too. Hope this helps.