Lost 35 lbs in 3 months :) W/ Pics

Options
I was always a thin child but my body caught up to my crazy food habits midway through high school. My size 4 body when to a size 12 in a year it would seem. I didn't have very good self esteem to begin with so it hurt me to see that i didnt embrace myself at my best.

After high school my parents and I lost everything. I was unable to go to college and I had to work to survive. When things seem a little stable I ended up quitting my job to work out. I worked in a deli so food was everywhere and I hated it. I quit my job in April of 2011 and I would jog in the early AM and I would also jog in the nighttime. I added inline skating into my routine and DDR. I didn't really focus on my looks or anything. I was happy to be sweaty and not wear makeup for once. I would through my hair in a pony tail and lose myself in my music while I ran. When I started in April I couldn't even manage a mile. I went from that to jogging at least 3-5 miles a day. I even started jogging without music and started chatting with friends while we jogged the neighborhood.

I became a bad *kitten* without even knowing it. After 3 months my body changed. The cellulite I had was almost gone! I was able to dress up and look like a young girl and not a middle aged chubby lady. It was awesome. Most importantly, I took control of my life during such a bad time. Especially because we were losing our home yet again and I had no friends or family who could take me in. For months my runs were the only thing keeping me together. Realistically I had to work again and I did. It was a nice break especially because I worked since I was 14. In august I stopped working out because I ended up moving 300 miles away to live with a friend of my fiancee. As I adjusted to the new area and work and having a place of my own I stopped running. Before I lived like .5 miles from a track so it was easy for me to go workout.
:( this made me super sad because i worked so hard for it. Instead I started cycling. Within two years I gained back my weight.
So now I'm telling you that I started my routine again. I run on pavement and a track. I think treadmills are a joke. I feel like i dont get as much out of it.

This is what I looked like at my heaviest weight:
2lo3r4j.jpg
zu2lw0.jpg

In those pictures I weighed somewhere between 180 and 190.

After 3 months of jogging in hot weather and occasional inline skating This is how i looked after I shaped up.
mj5udj.jpg
358qxl2.jpg

The thing I noticed that toned the most was my legs of course. Which is fine by me. In this weird photo below you can see how much my legs toned up.

jim8sy.jpg

5kqe4m.png

( i know I look the i could be the female version of dean Winchester in my after photo.)

My ending weight was in the 150's. I think I got lower than that but I didn't focus on my weight. I never weighed myself until December that year.

I do not count my calories. I just use my best judgment. I feel like counting calories and logging things is like watching a pot boil. It doesn't boil fast enough and you become impatient.

I'm sure all of you are like... " why post this if you gained weight back from not working out..."

well because even though i gained it back from being a fatty I know I can always look back at this time and see when I kicked *kitten* and it helps me want to see through to it again. I mean.. I was on the verge of being homeless with no place to go and I still found myself working on my fitness. It kept me from going insane.

Another thing i try to keep in mind is that just because i stopped doesn't mean i need to start all over again you know? Just because your car got a flat doesn't mean you need to change all the other tires too. This journey doesn't end when you lose the weight. it goes on and on.

It also helped me realize I was wrong. I thought that when I was a size 4 that It was my best. Now I know that's now true. When I worked my hardest to change myself I was at my best. I earned it.

For my food intake all I can say is I drank so much water which for me is a miracle because I NEVER drank water. I drank like 2 liters of coke in 2 days. For my food I would go by acmes and get a salad or something or if i was craving bad food I would get Chinese.

I hope all of you got something positive out my post and I hope to continue this journey and this time maintain it.

This is what I look like now BTW for anyone curious. I'm still thick in the arms and hips/legs.
2ytr211.jpg

Im super pumped to create something wonderful and I hope you all feel the same way too.

Replies

• centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!
  • eluna72
    eluna72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! You looked great before and you look super great now! Way to go and way to inspire! :-)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Best wishes. 35 lbs in 3 months is a bit aggressive but it seems to have worked for you. Do your best to sustain your progress... Life is tough at times... We all have to work out a plan that works when life throws everything it has at us... Diets don't work because they are temporary... what you are striving for is sustained progress.

As for me, I run but I do run on a treadmill... the treadmill is easier on my knees due to the give in the running surface. But to each his own. Best wishes on your every success. Balance in all things.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    AmelieMustLoseWeight Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Best wishes. 35 lbs in 3 months is a bit aggressive but it seems to have worked for you. Do your best to sustain your progress... Life is tough at times... We all have to work out a plan that works when life throws everything it has at us... Diets don't work because they are temporary... what you are striving for is sustained progress.

As for me, I run but I do run on a treadmill... the treadmill is easier on my knees due to the give in the running surface. But to each his own. Best wishes on your every success. Balance in all things.

I'm really down because I wish I would have kept going because I was so happy. The move just took a lot out of me.
    I have the same problems with my knees so i try to keep everything low impact. Treadmills are great during the colder months for me but I try to run in a grass field or the inner part of a track if my knees hurt. inline skating is low impact too.

I was surprised how much I lost. I think its because before that point i never attempted to lose weight so my body acted pretty aggressively to the change. Best wishes to you !
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    You are gorgeous!

you too my dear! I love your makeup! My kind of style :)
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    This is awesome! You looked great before and you look super great now! Way to go and way to inspire! :-)

Thank you! I feel inspired by inspiring others. If that makes any sense? Im so ready to keep this journey going.
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Your doing great and look great! Keep up the hard work!
  • robinerikson
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! You were pretty but now you are prettier. Keep it up!
  • WilmaChris
    Options
    Awesome success story!
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely stunning in all those photos!
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    You're absolutely stunning in all those photos!

It's crazy how many people keep telling me this. Crazy in a nice way. I grew up being told I was ugly so it's been difficult learning to love myself. Thank you for the kind words.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Awesome success story!

It really felt like a big victory for me.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! You were pretty but now you are prettier. Keep it up!

you are so sweet! Thank you so much !
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    Awesome work and great attitude!!! You are also super gorgeous! Keep up the great work in maintaining like you said. It goes on and on :) Cheers.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Yeah I am at peace with my running these past few days. Everything feels right again. :)
  • June_Bride
    Options
    I started at 183lbs and I'm at 163lbs now.. You're very inspirational.. My goal is 150lbs too!! Cannot wait to get to where you are! You look amazing!!!
  • FitBritt333
    FitBritt333 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • h620
    h620 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great!, I have lost 39lb in 3 months ... I know It feels heavens ....XD
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    wonderful, great inspiration :smile:
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You look fabulous and so beautiful! Good job!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!