I don't know where to post this: can e cigs help weight loss

Options
Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I have no idea which bit of the site to ask. I'm not a smoker but I was wondering if you could use the e cigarette to help with weight loss. I don't want the nicotine ones, I know they do ones that taste of cola or strawberry and stuff so was wondering if they'd help out..? Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    when I wasnt pregnant I would puff on my BF ecig just to get the sweet taste. Not sure if it helped with weight loss, but between that and diet soda helped cure my late night cravings.
  • guroprincess
    Options
    Eh. I wouldn't jump to cigarettes to help weight loss. If you're having an oral fixation that needs being filled try chewing sugar free gum or something.
  • EvelynSummers
    Options
    I was looking at solutions that didn't involve the chewing motion as it makes me want to snack even more. That's why I thought the e cigarettes that have 0% nicotine in them that are nicely flavoured May help. Like a smoker uses it when they crave a cigarette, it'd be used when the urge to binge hits..
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I was looking at solutions that didn't involve the chewing motion as it makes me want to snack even more. That's why I thought the e cigarettes that have 0% nicotine in them that are nicely flavoured May help. Like a smoker uses it when they crave a cigarette, it'd be used when the urge to binge hits..

Evelyn, no. It will not help with weight loss. I use an e cig as a way to get out of the bad habit of smoking cigs.

What will help is logging your diary and exercising x

If it is chewing then go with sugar free gum...but it will make you hungry.

Try drinking some water if you feel hungry.
  • EvelynSummers
    Options
    I was trying to avoid the chewing side if things lol I was thinking, in theory, it may work as there's no nicotine it's just flavours :)
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It helped me. I used http://www.v-ecigs.com/pizza/ religiously.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I was trying to avoid the chewing side if things lol I was thinking, in theory, it may work as there's no nicotine it's just flavours :)

the one my BF gets is nicotine free, and they have some yummy flavors. It's just a nice way to get a little sweet. I like the feeling of smoking though and since I cant partake of my favorite substance this is a nice alternative (before pregnancy). He buys these expensive smoking modules though we've never used the ones in the store.

Here's where we get our juice:

http://www.vapedudes.com/
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

You were a smoker BEFORE you started e-cigs though, right?

OP- Don't start smoking if you're not already a smoker. Even if it's not a nicotine E-Cig, you could be walking a fine line. I'd hate to see you start smoking real cigs or e-cigs with nicotine because of this.

If you need something to keep your mouth busy and to help you curb cravings try gum, ice, low-cal hard candy/suckers, etc. Don't start a bad habit in order to lose weight. Just don't.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

OOO fun site I love the idea of savory I'm going to have to forward this to the BF
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

You were a smoker BEFORE you started e-cigs though, right?

OP- Don't start smoking if you're not already a smoker. Even if it's not a nicotine E-Cig, you could be walking a fine line. I'd hate to see you start smoking real cigs or e-cigs with nicotine because of this.

If you need something to keep your mouth busy and to help you curb cravings try gum, ice, low-cal hard candy/suckers, etc. Don't start a bad habit in order to lose weight. Just don't.

QFT
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take up vaping as a way to avoid food. While it's supposed to be safe, there haven't been long term studies on regular and frequent inhalation of pg/vg. Why don't you take up Gobstoppers or something? You'd be sucking rather than chewing and there's only 7 calories in one of them. Or maybe buy some Mio, put a few drops in some water and freeze it into popsicles to suck on.

I dunno. A 30 ml bottle of eliquid ranges from $15-$20 and there's no discount for going nic-free. I just can't see paying to inhale something when you could find plenty of other low cal ways to enjoy some flavor without chewing.

ETA: I'm an ex-smoker, as is my husband. He vapes with nic. If we're going to be an environment where I would normally crave a cig, I'll vape nic-free. So my post isn't to rag on e-cigs - I think they're a great alternative for smokers.
  • aberrantdream
    aberrantdream Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking a year ago and only smoke the e-cig now. I think it helps with cravings even if it doesn't have nicotine in it. I would say give it a try. It gives you something to do when watching TV instead of eating.
  • Wifey7891
    Wifey7891 Posts: 91
    Options
    don't replace one bad habit with another. try healthier snack options. just practice some willpower.
  • ntlkrr
    ntlkrr Posts: 1
    Options
    Heck yes it does! Puffing mine right now!! :)