need an opinion

Options
hi friends, i joined MFP on 8th march and i started my journey on 1 march .... up till now i am very happy and strong with respect to my decision of trying again ... i have tried to reduce before but for no reason i quit as i find my journey impossible to achieve ... but thnx to you guys here i feel comfortable and sure to be successful this time ... my issue here is bit emotional ... as i am now a days writing my thesis so facing lots of ups and downs.. but i was fine ... for the first time in my life food is not in my head all the time ... i weighted myself on 2 April and guess what?? i have lost 6 kg.. from 145kg to 139kg... but dnt know why food craving is suddenly back in my mind .... i feel as if i should eat ... dn't knw how to explain ... this happened before when i lost 12 kg .... is mind cravings resulted in gain of 20 kg ..... can any one guide me in polite manner plz..... aabout what to do.. and i am 26 yrs old in case it helps

Replies

• AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You are trying to live off of tea and crackers. Do you have access to more nourishing food?
  • C3001
    C3001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with this ^.

IMO: More nutritious foods... or even just more calories... Start slow with "cheat" days if you need and focus on weekly calorie average as oppose to daily numbers.
  • nim_ra
    nim_ra Posts: 38
    Options
    More nurishing food like? Any suggestion ?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    More nurishing food like? Any suggestion ?

Meat. Beans. Protein. Fruit. Vegetables (I know you'll point out your vegetable soup, which is great - for one of your meals, but not adequate for the whole day). Something - anything, really - besides just carbs. Not that carbs are the devil or anything but you cannot live on carbs alone.
  • bunnypanther
    Options
    Yep, also maybe need to aim to eat you daily allowance. Snack on fruit or raw veg if you start craving. I also drink a pint of water if I think I'm hungry, then wait for half an hour and see if I still am. Mostly, i find that i was thirsty rather than hungry (apparently easy to mistake)

xx
  • nim_ra
    Options
    Okie that means I have recheck the content of my food .... I really hav a little to chose from .... Hostel life suckss
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What sucks is excuses.... getting back to being healthy is all that really matters. I tried to diet your way... and while I lost alot of weight it caused me to ride the yo-yo for many years...

Eat... healthy... exercise -- even if it just walking..

-ms
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    Okie that means I have recheck the content of my food .... I really hav a little to chose from .... Hostel life suckss

It can be difficult to manage weight loss around restrictions (eg: cooking space, cooking ability, money etc) but it's going to be really hard for you to succeed without the right motivation. You can't think of this as a quick fix, it has to be a lifestyle change. Can you really live off soup, crackers and tea for the rest of your life?

Work on finding a balance between your weight loss goals and the deficit they require, as well as decent nutrition through a varied diet. Protein, vegetables, legumes, fruits, grains and the occasional treat are all okay.
  • nim_ra
    Options

It can be difficult to manage weight loss around restrictions (eg: cooking space, cooking ability, money etc) but it's going to be really hard for you to succeed without the right motivation. You can't think of this as a quick fix, it has to be a lifestyle change. Can you really live off soup, crackers and tea for the rest of your life?

Work on finding a balance between your weight loss goals and the deficit they require, as well as decent nutrition through a varied diet. Protein, vegetables, legumes, fruits, grains and the occasional treat are all okay.
    thnx dear I will try to improve it.... U really sound like big sister .... ????
  • nim_ra
    Options
    What sucks is excuses.... getting back to being healthy is all that really matters. I tried to diet your way... and while I lost alot of weight it caused me to ride the yo-yo for many years...

-ms

wooooooo. I really need that serious scolding ???? will start walk today as well .... Can you help plz explain the yoyo phrase?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and less carbs.

Yo Yo means you lose the weight, then gain it all back again, then have to lose the weight again. A yo-yo is a toy, a round object on a string, it goes up and down.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options

-ms

wooooooo. I really need that serious scolding ???? will start walk today as well .... Can you help plz explain the yoyo phrase?

---
    The yoyo is the process of lossing weight and then gaining it all back... to do it all over again...
  • nim_ra
    Options

-ms

---
    The yoyo is the process of lossing weight and then gaining it all back... to do it all over again...

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ..... i will try to follow
  • nim_ra
    Options
    Eat more protein and less carbs.

Yo Yo means you lose the weight, then gain it all back again, then have to lose the weight again. A yo-yo is a toy, a round object on a string, it goes up and down.
    thnxxx budddy for nyce healthy tip