What body fat percentage do you find attractive?

Options
Using the charts on this page:

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

What percent range do you find most attractive on a potential partner (not the percentage you think is right for you or someone not of your sexual preference)?

Please state which gender you're considering.

Thanks!

Note: Obviously this is not necessarily the most important facet, let's just assume everything else is exactly what you want in the person and you can magically decide this one aspect.

EDIT: I have my own preference for myself and I'm just using this as motivation towards getting to my goal.

Replies

• Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Men - between 15% & 20%
    Women - between 25% & 30%

I have a long way to go, :embarassed:
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    10-20% on men (no homo lol)
    25-35% on women
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    Men - between 15% & 20%
    Women - between 25% & 30%

I have a long way to go, :embarassed:

Dear god me too lol
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    that is a very very rough estimate! Most women don't have washboard abs at 30% bf
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    that is a very very rough estimate! Most women don't have washboard abs at 30% bf

It looks like the 25% and 30% got flipped imo
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    On men, I'd say 10-25%. On women, 15-30%.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Men 8%approx-20%
    Women 15-30%

ETA: another website with pictures maybe more accurate?? http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

AND is everyone on here bisexual? OP asked what you are attracted to in a sexual partner :laugh:
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm really a 24.06% but look around 25% - 30%
    I'd say for Women 20% - 30% Men 15% - 25% range... but honesty i'm not a picky person when it comes to looks
    personality is the most important to me
    The chart seems very inaccurate through
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    im sub 15 but i look like 15-20 according to those pictures... not enough lean mass on me... when you get to 10% youll still need to bulk then cut or do a long recomp to look like that. just sayin
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Those pictures are soooo misleading. I didn't look anything like those pictures when my body fat was coming down. If I looked like they depict at 30% when I was 30%, I wouldn't have complained so much. But when I was professionally tested at just 26%, I looked closer to that 40% picture than the smaller ones... Also, I look closest to the 20% picture now I think. My goal is to look more like the 17% picture, but since I am actually at 23% now... Well, you get the idea. :flowerforyou:

As for guys, if you are going by these pictures alone and nothing else, I think between 10-15% looks hot. My husband is more like the 25 or 30% picture (somewhere in between the 2) and he looks awesome to me.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Men 8%approx-20%
    Women 15-30%

ETA: another website with pictures maybe more accurate?? http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

AND is everyone on here bisexual? OP asked what you are attracted to in a sexual partner :laugh:

Everyone is bisexual in some way, most just won't admit it haha
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The pictures are indeed not the best reference to use for bodyfat percentage comparison...
    The way you look depends a lot on the amount of muscle mass compared to the amount of body fat
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm about 25% according to the nurse at my last checkup, and I really like my body, so I'm gonna have to go with 25% being attractive for ME personally, even though I think I look closer to the 22% pic. For men, I like 10-20%. Not sure what my husband is, but he looks about like 18-20% based on these pics, and I love the way my husband looks.

ETA: Sorry, OP. I did not read your instructions. I included myself in the analysis. But I guess I could consider myself a potential partner for myself...:wink:
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    men 10-15
    women 20-30
  • cfabian
    cfabian Posts: 1
    Options
    For anyone obsessing over these images and trying to reconcile what you see in the mirror, read on the calipers, and see here: I think both of these charts are inaccurate (the one posted and the member posted Leigh Peele site). At best, these are just examples of what that one individual looks like at a particular bf%.

They can give a good rough estimate of where you stand, but people do carry fat differently. For example, I am 5'11", 26% and train 6-10 times a week. I have a lot of muscle for a woman, approximately 133 lbs lean body mass. Most of my fat is in my hips, (28" waist; 43" hips), so even with 26%, I have some abdominal definition and arm definition, not nearly as soft as the Leigh Peele site image. Conversely, my SO is around 10-11%, obviously in good shape, but his abs are not as ripped as the guys shown in either chart, because he carries literally all of his fat around his midsection, while his arms and especially his legs are totally toned.

So just find out where you are and progress from there. As for the original question, I have worked in several gyms and in my experience I think men are most attractive around 10%, but by the Leigh Peele pics I'd actually have to go with 14%. As for women, my personal goal is 18-20%, more athletic than VS model, but for women who don't view fitness as a sport or have aspirations as a trainer I would say 20-24% is perfect.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    For men...I think 8-10%. Not too much muscles, more male model type. That's what I'm striving for. Currently at 13%, so have a ways to go.

Women...althletic..so below 20%. But not someone that has bigger biceps than I do. (no offense to the pros out there)
  • itsadogslife
    Options
    Men I'd say 15-30%
    Women I'd say 15-35%

I'm attracted to men and women.. I'm married to a man, but have an attraction to women as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I agree that http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages seems more accurate frankly.

For me, men 10-15%.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    women: 20-30% (loved to look like them)
    men:15-20. Not a fan of "human muscular model" LOL
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Leigh Peele's kinda off to me.

I'm at around 25% body fat (calipers and some app tools -- to be exact 24.5-24.7) but I don't look that chubby like the 25% girl in her pics.