Coffee Addict

Options
Hi

Im new to this Forum - and Im a coffee Addict - its my biggest Weakness - hopefully it wont affect my Dieting, Im 171 LBs with a long way to go.

Good luck to Everyone - youre all doing really well.

Vanessa

Replies

• tryanother
    tryanother Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the exact same thing... I have lost 36.7 Lbs so far and I have been living on coffee - at least 5 cups a day. I don't think it has been influencing my loss at all.

Good luck, though.
  • divvvy
    divvvy Posts: 3
    Options
    It really depends on how you take your coffee. If it's loaded with sugar/sweeteners and a lot of dairy, then yes, it will affect your weight loss! So lets hope you do take/like black coffee :)
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I gave up a lot of stuff, coffee is not one of them. I did ok.

Just don't be putting 3 sugars in it lol. I like my coffee milky, its like a snack food to me. Better than a lot of people have imo. Plus I get the calcium and protein ;-)
  • vaishnavijayasankar
    vaishnavijayasankar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    black coffee is vry good for weight loss
    so instead of sugar filled coffee try this instead :)
    al the bst for your journey :)
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have around 5 cappuccinos a week and around 5 coffees with trim milk, no sugar a day.. Did not effect my weightloss, however i did log everything.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yup, it all depends on how you take it. I drink instant with a splash of milk, 26kcal, or cafetiere black, 5kcal. On the other end of the scale, Starbucks White Chocolate Cream Frappuccino (venti) is 520kcal. Depending on how much milk, creamer and or sugar you have, your usual order will be somewhere on that scale. The higher the calories, the harder you're going to have to work!

if you do struggle, you could look into lowering the fat or sugar content of your beverage by subbing milk or lower fat creamer and sweetners.

Good luck!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee all day long usually 2-3 pots worth, I did switch to better coffee so the taste was good without adding anything to it. If you add sugar and milk just log it.

I will never give up my coffee, it keeps my family safe .. and it hasn't hurt my weight loss.
  • cbeevs
    cbeevs Posts: 41
    Options
    Me too Definite addict. I was able to quit putting sugar in it, if I use half an half. Not sure how you like your coffee, but if you go low carb, the sugar is worse than the half n half. I have been able to cut don to 2 large cups in the morning. If I get tired, I take a green coffee bean, which was on Dr. Oz , now is in most health food type of stores.
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    it keeps my family safe

Ha!

Good quality black coffee is great, I very rarely add milk, and I never add sugar, I just prefer it that way.

I sometimes have some in the afternoon, it kind of feels like a snack. So it definitely helps with my weight loss in that respect! I generally stop drinking it before 4pm though.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the lucky ones and like my coffee black with no sugar, so for me it's almost calorie free (about 5 a cup).

I did use to have it with milk and on sugar and after drinking it black for a week, my tastes totally changed.
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black with no sugar (ok sometimes i have 1 sugar) as far as it hurting your diet.. coffee is an appetite suppressant so I would be pretty surprised if it affected your weight negatively, unless your drinking like 6 cups a day with milk and sugar . Its also a diuretic if for any reason that is of use to you lol.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'll give up my coffee when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! Just measure and log any cream/sugar. A measured tablespoon of half and half (as opposed to my old method of letting it glug into the cup until I figured it looked right) is 20 calories, which isn't bad. Lots of fat, but I need some vices!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im new to this Forum - and Im a coffee Addict - its my biggest Weakness - hopefully it wont affect my Dieting, Im 171 LBs with a long way to go.

Good luck to Everyone - youre all doing really well.

Vanessa

If you want to give up coffee, get pregnant just after you buy an expensive grinder.

My wife is a coffee freak. We have 6 different ways to make coffee in our house (one manual machine is really weird and looks like a p*nis pump).

Just before she got pregnant we bought a top of the line all singing all dancing coffee grinder and within days she could not even think about coffee without feeling sick (the grinder had to go back).

It's a bit extreme, but hey worked for my wife.

Although 5 years on she is back to her old habits!!! lol
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the Posts - they are most enjoyable Reading.
  • Getfit2lookgood
    Getfit2lookgood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Coffee? COFFEE!
    Like most of the posts, if you drint it black your not adding anything calories to it.
    Be aware of some of the flavored creamers that are out there - some of these have a LOT of sugars in them.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    coffee is delicious and good for you. it's a great natural energy booster, and can help your mood. i even read something recently that it can help eliminate DOMS.
  • eilidhl93
    Options
    Hey guys :) I'm new to mfp, this is my second day. I also love coffee! I used to work as a barista in Costa. Add me an we can all support each other x
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    coffee is delicious and good for you. it's a great natural energy booster, and can help your mood. i even read something recently that it can help eliminate DOMS.

eliminate DOMS...... brb going to devour all the coffee in my household,,, i really hope this is true.. my legs are killing me
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I can't function wiythout at least one cup in the morning, and at one point I was up to about 5 cups a day. I just trying to slowly transition myself from 3 tsp of sugar and enough milk to make it cool enough to drink right away, to black. I'm at 2 tsp of sugar now and one small creamer (it's about 1 tsp). Enjoying a nice big cup as I type
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's all about how you take your coffee. I like mine black, but if you're looking for a sweeter version I do have an alternative idea. I don't know what your goals are, but this is also good if you're having trouble getting all your protein. Take a cup of black coffee, a cup of almond milk, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Either blend it in a mini blender, or shake it really really well. Iced or hot, it's so yummy. I used to make one after my morning workouts before I switched to smoothies and it was always a great treat to look forward to!