Sierra Mist Natural?

Options
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on Sierra Mist Natural. Do you think it's healthier than normal? I do. I mean, real' (refined) sugar, even though it is also sorta unhealthy, is much better than HFCS. And actually, the first time I tasted it I could taste a huuugggeeeee difference and to me it just tasted better. I don't know how to describe it. It was sfofter, and went down my throat easier, and just tasted better. It was weird. Lol. And now I'm in love with this new "natural" pop. Do you drink it and do you think it's good? Only 100 cals per 8oz, I try to stay under 200 cals junk food in my diet, so I can have a decent glass and not feel guilty.

The only thing is that it has 25g of sugar. Geez. I was told to eat things with less than 5g(nearly impossible).

I think Dr. Oz said don't eat things with more than 5 ingredients and everything you know what it is. Which is also pretty impossible with all the crap and preservatives and coloring and add-ins we put in our food. This has only 5 ingredients: Carbonated Water, Sugar, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Potassium Citrate.

But, the regular Sierra Mist has less calories, I'm sure. But still, I try to stay as far away from HFCS as possible, and I'm willing to drink 40 more calories.

So, what do you guys think?

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've tried it from a free sample, and it was very sweet and tasty; however, I would not waste my calories on any pop. - Much rather have something else for the amount of sugar and calories contained in this drink. If it's something you absolutely have to have - go for it, but may want to limit it to once a week or a very special occassion. I don't think I'd catorgize this as a "natural" food.
  • molina76853
    Options
    I drink the sierra mist diet and really enjoy it.
  • faegrl32
    Options
    I like this one:

Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash
    Our most beloved flavor, Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash is now naturally sweetened with real sugar. It's the refreshing taste of our lemon-lime soda with a festive, naturally flavored cranberry splash. And it's only available for the holidays, so be sure to stock up!!

sierramist.com

Nutrition Info
    Serving size 8 fl oz (240 mL)
    Servings per 20 fl oz container: 2.5
    For More Information on Serving Sizes Click Here.

PER SERVING PER CONTAINER
    8 fl oz % DV* 20 fl oz % DV*
    Calories 100 - 260 -
    Total Fat (g) 0 0 0 0
    Sodium (mg) 25 1 60 3
    Total Carbs (g) 27 9 67 22
    Sugars (g) 26 - 67 -
    Protein (g) 0 - 0 -
  • doramouse
    Options
    I wouldn't put this in the natural food category. That doesn't mean you can't drink it and love it. It's up to you to pick your calories and your treats so if that is what you love - go for it :) While it's hard to find "natural" foods with all the processed foods these days - I find the more that I cook myself the better. But I know that's time consuming. Basically -if you love the soda, then just account for it in your daily calorie intake. Enjoy!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've tried it from a free sample, and it was very sweet and tasty; however, I would not waste my calories on any pop. - Much rather have something else for the amount of sugar and calories contained in this drink. If it's something you absolutely have to have - go for it, but may want to limit it to once a week or a very special occassion. I don't think I'd catorgize this as a "natural" food.
    This exactly. I haven't had a soda in 3 months (except for one set-back of having a cherry limeade from Sonic so long ago I can't even tell you exactly when it happened). I feel so much better, I don't look as bloated as I used to. It's just really been great for me.
  • ajstrs
    ajstrs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar is sugar. The "natural" probably isn't based on the use of refined cane sugar as both HFCS and cane sugar are both considered natural foods by the FDA. And a carb from cane sugar has just as many calories as a carb from HFCS (4 calories per carb). If you like the taste of the "natural" better, that's cool, but it's not likely to be healthier for you based on the type of sugar used.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've been staying away from the Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry. I had some of that and had a seven day migraine that was so severe, I had to go to the doctor. I don't know what's in it, but I never want to be that sick again!:-P

Shannon
  • faegrl32
    Options
    I've been staying away from the Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry. I had some of that and had a seven day migraine that was so severe, I had to go to the doctor. I don't know what's in it, but I never want to be that sick again!:-P

Shannon

The only thing I have found "drink-wise" that I have gotten those types of migraines from are those SlimShots. I used to use those and it took me quite awhile to figure out why I would get a migraine everyday.
  • Akronite0883
    Options
    I dont think it really makes a difference. plus I think Sprite diets or the montain dew diet taste better.