Anyone have days where you're just HUNGRY?

Options
Most days I eat 2-300 calorie meals throughout the day and it seems to keep me with enough energy. Today I woke up and I was absolutely famished. Like....normal breakfast was not cutting it, and I was like this all freaking day! I was at the gym late last night and slept longer than normal today, could that have something to do with it? Anyone else have days like this?

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Yep. I just listen to my body and go with it. I figure I must need a bit extra for some reason. I don't use it as an excuse to gorge myself, but I do eat more than I normally would.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have days where I'm not hungry at all and days where I could eat constantly.
  • gettingsexy94
    gettingsexy94 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Omg yes! This happened to me two days ago, I exceeded my daily intake by about 1000 calories! Anyway, the next day I was back to normal. Also, I noticed that a few of my other mfp friends were having the same problem at about the same period of time. (Maybe its the weather, lol XD ) Honestly, I've no idea why this happens, but they all returned back to normal the next day too.

So, no worries, you'll probably be fine tmr :D And you'll have tons of energy for your workout tmr!

:)xx
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Try drinking lots of water... It usually helps me stay full
  • erbepl
    erbepl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, they make really full
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat 2-300 calorie meals throughout the day and it seems to keep me with enough energy. Today I woke up and I was absolutely famished. Like....normal breakfast was not cutting it, and I was like this all freaking day! I was at the gym late last night and slept longer than normal today, could that have something to do with it? Anyone else have days like this?
    if that's all your eating no wonder you're hungry.
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yup today is such a day. On those day I usually also don't get the feeling I am full no matter how much I eat
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat 2-300 calorie meals throughout the day and it seems to keep me with enough energy.

600cal... I just ... I don't even..... I'm surprised you can function at all... yet alone "keep me with enough energy"

then your probably at the gym cardioing away ending up with an insane deficit....

I have to stop reading forums..... gives me the sads.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has those days. For me was yesterday.
  • Grumpellina
    Options
    This happens to me mostly on rest days. I try to eat a lot of fruit popsicles that are about 25-60 calories each whenever the "hunger" decides to rear its head.
  • emmylouise88
    Options
    I think everyone has those days. For me was yesterday.

Ditto :tongue:
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I think OP is saying her meals are 200-300 calories throughout the day, not that she only eats 600 cals. Hope that's the case anyway!

I had a whole hungry month last month. I just went with it and ate a little extra. It doesn't seem to have done any harm and may have even done some good. Sometimes you just need to listen to your body!
  • Caroline231
    Caroline231 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Interesting that you read that as 'two 300 kcal meals' for the day, I read it as 'I eat a number of 200 - 300 kcal meals throughout the day'

Would be interesting to see which was right!
  • anastacia42
    Options
    Does it happen once or twice a month, at the same time of the month? I'm hungry right before my period. I crave Mexican food and sweets, but it passes in 2 or 3 days.
  • ronitperman
    Options
    This happen to me when I do not have anything to do or with my friends. Accept that I try to take care how much calories I take.
  • Allyvegan
    Allyvegan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I find that this is pretty much always related to my monthly cycle.. I eat a bit more on those few days where my body is telling me I need more. In the past, I've gotten into the binge category on some of those days, but even then I didn't gain weight from eating more a few days a month!. It always evens out and gets back to normal for me.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    One night, I was at my calorie goal and should have just been done with food. But, I was hungry and a little shaky. Ate a snack, felt better and still lost weight that week. I think I just burned more calories than I realized.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    On days where I'm particularly hungry, I start off with greek yogurt and protein powder. It keeps me full for a long time.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm having exactly that right now! My tactics to combat it are to buy a vast lunch, drink a stack of water before I start, and then proceed to eat half the lunch, promising myself to come back and eat the rest later.
    Kind of works - I'm staring at my "later" sandwich now!