ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Options
OMG, I read an earlier post suggesting people should take "before", "during" and "after" pictures. Whelp since I'm in the before stage I thought "What the heck, let's get a good look." Dear God.....my eyes caught fire and burned right of my head! I'm EXCELLENT at avoiding full length mirrors and pictures. Took a front, side and rear view. Now as soon as I finish typing this I'm going to go and cream my family for not tackling me and wrestling the fork out of my hand, or maybe stapling my lips shut or SOMETHING!
Right now all I can do is breathe and focus on the weight I have lost-22 lbs and 100 more to go and try extra hard not to be discouraged or pi**ed for allowing me to get so far away from myself.........:sad:

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Congrats on dropping 22lbs, that's a great start! The fact that you now realize the importance of change, you are ahead of most people in your situation. You can do it! It just takes time and consistency (for exercise and in the kitchen).

Always happy to help with advice or encouragement!
    Allan
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Put it away until you get closer to goal and can compare it to your other progress pics. You will be glad you took it.

I wish I had taken some. I have a couple pics that weren't taken as progress pics, but I'm glad I have them for comparison.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Just think of it as motivation! Seeing myself at my heaviest in pictures is what finally got my rear in gear too. It wasn't to take before pictures either - just pictures from an event I went to that got posted on FB and when I saw them I was so embarrassed. How did I let myself get to that point?!

Please don't blame your family. Think of it this way - even if they'd said it in a nice way, how do you think you would've taken it? And even if they did say something, it may not have made an impact. We're ready when we're ready. I know anytime my mother made a comment about my weight or eating habits it didn't make an impact - well, other than to tick me off. :)

Well done on your progress so far! I know 100 more pounds seems like an impossible goal at this point. I was there myself 4 years ago. Don't focus on the end, just focus on the here and now.

Good luck!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Right now all I can do is breathe and focus on the weight I have lost-22 lbs and 100 more to go and try extra hard not to be discouraged or pi**ed for allowing me to get so far away from myself.........:sad:
    Came across this saying recently, and it really helps me when I get mad at myself for not getting healthy sooner:
    "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today"
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just did this as well and OMG do I really, really look like that???? So now every time you want to skip a workout, binge out on your favorite foods, etc. just pull them puppies out and it will stop you dead in your tracks!

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken some, you will definitely appreciate having them later.

Don't blame your family though...we all make our own choices.

Keep working at it.:smile:
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Way to go on losing the weight so far!

I don't have any "before" pictures of myself. I was a pro at avoiding cameras. I wish I had taken pictures.

Good luck to you!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I put a copy of that “before” picture on my refrigerator, in the cupboard, and in my gym bag. It reminded me to make good choices when opening the refrigerator or cupboard door. It reminded me to go hard at the gym. It served as a constant reminder to what I was running away from – obesity.

Use that “before” picture as motivation. Then somewhere down the line put it next to a “current” picture and take pride in the transformation.

I wish you the best of luck on your road to better health. My biggest fear, and the reason I started down my own road to better health, was that obesity would cause my life to end prematurely. If I learned anything it is that because of obesity, I wasn’t living at all anyway – I was just taking up space. Life is so much more fun when you are living it.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I did an online quiz yesterday and apparently I might be "in denial" about my obesity. sheesh. Gotta own it before you can change it. Congrats on the 22.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Look at the percentages, you've done almost 1/4 of that 100. Thats fantastic! :D
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Came across this saying recently, and it really helps me when I get mad at myself for not getting healthy sooner:

I love that saying!!! Thank you!!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I bet you look great! Don't get down on yourself. You look awesome and if you lose you will only get more and more awesome.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I put a copy of that “before” picture on my refrigerator, in the cupboard, and in my gym bag. It reminded me to make good choices when opening the refrigerator or cupboard door. It reminded me to go hard at the gym. It served as a constant reminder to what I was running away from – obesity.

Use that “before” picture as motivation. Then somewhere down the line put it next to a “current” picture and take pride in the transformation.

I wish you the best of luck on your road to better health. My biggest fear, and the reason I started down my own road to better health, was that obesity would cause my life to end prematurely. If I learned anything it is that because of obesity, I wasn’t living at all anyway – I was just taking up space. Life is so much more fun when you are living it.

OMG... 204 lost? you must have some amazing before & afters!! what an inspiration...... :flowerforyou:
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    it's great that You're so motivated! Just don't let the main fuel be anger (towards Your family) or self-pity. Both would work in the end but the process would be far less enjoyable.

You can do this, so You in the SUCCESS STORIES thread soon! :flowerforyou:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Just think how great you'll feel once the weight comes off and you can compare them!
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options

I love that quote! That's brilliant and just soo true!!

OP, it doesn't matter when you start, it's just good you start at all!!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I now have a new favorite quote, thank you!

As for the OP, I'm encouraged that you'll meet your goals because your first instinct was to get mad and focus rather than get discouraged and give up. Sounds like you're good for the long haul!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me but please note in only offer support that is mutual as this is a 2 way support

good luck with your journey and well done for losing 22lbs thus far
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have no pictures from when I INITIALLY started losing, but I took some a couple of months ago, and yes, I was HORRIFIED by what I saw. I find that I have to suck it up rather frequently and view them again, to keep myself motivated.