A little concerned...

Options
So I just started last week and I've already lost 3.5 lbs! (yay!) My problem is I haven't had time to work out because of finals and other time consuming obligations. Now, I've been sticking to my calorie goals religiously and the past few days I've just been hanging at the same weight. And today I actually GAINED a pound!

Could it be because of salt/water? I haven't been so great about getting the full 8 glasses the past few days. Could that be it? Any advice/support is appreciated :( Hard to stay on target when the numbers go up for what seems like no good reason, you know?

Thanks!

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It is water. Weigh yourself once a week and no more. Drink more water. Don't worry so much. RELAX! :flowerforyou:
  • JBunny06
    Options
    Thanks!
    lol I know, I just need to chill out :) Now to become a camel...::chug chug::
  • Gypsy_Kitty
    Gypsy_Kitty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be concerned at all ... and I would also stop weighing-in every day. :)

Your body will naturally fluxuate in weight by a couple pounds every day, depending on time of day, what you've eaten, when you've eaten, how much water you've drunk that day, what cloths you are wearing, etc. Obsessing over every little pound every day is setting yourself up for disappointment. So long as the weekly trends are moving in the direction you want them to go - then you're on your way!
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    One pound up is really nothing! Don't stress too much about it. Do everything on your part and the scale will cooperate eventually!! I say this because it may take your body a while (at least longer than you would like) til it actually starts dropping the pounds, so that requires quite a bit of diligence and continual hard work on your part!! Don't give up, you will reach your goals!
  • JBunny06
    Options
    It's going to be hard to not weigh in every day :b But I'll try to not be so neurotic for my sanity's sake!

Thanks for the support, everyone :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a scale woman!
  • MandiPandi757
    MandiPandi757 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with the not weighing in everyday! Pick one day during the week as your weigh-in day and only weigh-in on the same day once a week. I don't understand why people do this to themselves, your just setting yourself up for stress and worry when you weigh in everyday. **Also weigh-in first thing in the morning and after you pee or go #2** :wink:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    If you really want to weigh in everyday or feel the need to then the best thing I could suggest would be to keep a log of your weight each day you weigh in. Instead of comparing your weight Monday to Tuesday and obsessing about that random lb that came from nowhere, compare your weights week to week- This monday to last, this tuesday to the previous ones etc. You'll start to get the idea of how your body fluctuates (which will be much greater #'s the more sodium and processed foods you eat) over the course of the week and it will make trends more clear and accurate.

Make sure its about the same time of day (not just the # on the clock but the same part of your routine- waking up, after going to the bathroom).
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Some people need to weigh every day to keep themselves on track. Then there are those of us who are neurotic and have an unhealthy, emotionally abusive, dysfunctional relationship with our scales. Mine lives with my parents 100mi away. My ticker is rarely ever right. I guarantee you I'm down more than 19lbs. That number is over a month old.

It's ok to break up with your scale and take up separate residences. :bigsmile: