30 day shred vs. Ripped in 30.

Options
Hi guys!

So, I've done 30 day shred last year and I got results from it. So, I'm thinking whether I should move on to ripped in 30 OR should I do 30 day shred again? Have anybody done both? and if so, what are the differences? At the moment, I want to lose inches. Which one would do the better trick?

Replies

• VelcroButt
    VelcroButt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    They're fairly similar. I personally liked Ripped in 30 a bit better. I like that that all the exercises are 30 seconds in RI30 rather than the minute-long strength exercise in 30DS. I think Ripped in 30 is a bit more challenging as well and I like that there are 4 levels.
  • azlifah95
    azlifah95 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks VelcroButt! I've looked at the workouts she's doing in week 1 of the ripped in 30 and I like it. :)
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Are you doing this for weight loss or toning?
    Would u recommend it for weight loss?
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i have done both and prefer the ripped as well. i like the mix of exercises better. all around a better workout.
  • Wifey7891
    Wifey7891 Posts: 91
    Options
    I did ripped in 30 and now am trying killer abs and killer buns and thighs. these 2 I am rotating, whatever I feel like doing in a given day. they are painful and definitely liking the more focused workouts. I liked RI30, and I still do that occasionally too, but the buns and thighs one is great. I love seeing progress and toning.
  • TahBeeAah
    TahBeeAah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've done both and Ripped is more intense. Step it up and challenge yourself with ripped. I'm doing it now. I'm starting week 2 Monday. Add me if you start it, or just add me anyway. I need more friends!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I've done both, 30DS twice and RI30 once.

I personally prefer 30DS and find it more challenging. RI30 was hard too, but I felt like the moves were sometimes cumbersome and overly-complicated. If you are a coordinated person you probably won't have too much of a problem, but I thought it was a bit annoying and spent more time trying to adjust myself than getting the workout.

I saw more results (inches, weight) from 30DS, but I also had a difficult family issue during RI30 so that may have contributed to the difference in success.

That being said, both are great videos and kick your butt!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I have both, and I like them. They are based on the same principle, but the RI30 strength sections have 3 exercises, as opposed to 2 in 30 DS, if I am remembering correctly. The strength portion of RI30 seems longer. Anyway, I think it is great to have both, as it gives you more everyday options. I do not do the same routine for a week thing. I just pick whichever workout I feel like doing that day and do it. Mix it up. You can also increase your hand weights as you improve. More recently, I have purchased her Yoga inferno. I like it as well, and it is a nice change in between the other videos.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I did both ... my preference was for 30DS. It just seemed more "classic" and straightforward. Some of the moves in Ripped ... I either couldn't do (the "table" ... it doesn't look hard), or they were just odd (the bear crawl, duck walk, the roll and pop up one). There was one section, where I felt like Jillian forgot to repeat a move, I'd always pause it and do the move the second time (I'm a little OCD like that).

As a recommendation, I would definitely say go ahead and try Ripped yourself though. It's always good to do something different. Challenge both you and your body, and keep things interesting. And as you've seen here, many DO prefer it. As I looked at Jillian's HardBody DVD, sometimes I feel like she's just trying too hard with each new program to be different, so she adds or combines moves. I just like the simple, straightforward,basic stuff ... and feel like that is 30DS.

At least these programs aren't that expensive :) It's not a big investment. I wouldn't mind trying the TurboFire or P90X stuff, but the price tag is too high.
  • Claire_x90
    Options
    I've done both twice. I think I got better weightloss from 30DS but ripped in 30 really helped me tone so if that is what you're after go RI30. in terms of the program RI30 is harder, and divides the strength section into 3 moves for 30 secs each which I liked SO much more than the 30ds version because it kept things more exciting. Also doing the routine for 7 days vs 10 days helps keeps things fresh. :)