How to lose a small amount of belly fat

Options
Hi,

I'm new to this. I just need to lose a small amount of belly fat. I'm not the best at eating healthy, but I exercise 6-7days a week. I have been doing the Jillian Michaels work out videos since I work full time and am single parent and don't have time to go to the gym. I have been at this for a few months now and I can't seem to get rid of the fat that is over my abs. Overall I am thin and don't want to lose weight just tone up. Any advice?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Heavy ones. Do you know your body fat %? If I were you, I'd start tracking that. You have to lose body fat all over, unfortunately. There's no way to "spot reduce" fat, except thru liposuction.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Exercise will not help you lose any fat at all if you are eating all the calories you are burning.
  • caraya83
    caraya83 Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't know my body fat %, I don't even know how to find out what it is. Do I just lift the weights or are there certain moves I need to be doing? I'm sorry, but this is totally new to me. I'm still staying under the calorie amount allotted to me through myfitnesspal for the most part.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Just stick to your calorie deficit and you'll get there.