Options
    3/27/14 - 242.5
    4/3/14 - 237.1
    Feel free to open it up!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    151 to 150.2
    My diary is open and I usually eat more protein and less carbs than MFP recommends, even though I'm not doing "low carb."
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    useless study, but, go ahead.

my tracking is honest, but, i dont weigh daily

dont forget to log all my booze and ice cream ;)
  • Sandil964
    Options
    My diary is open. I have not had a significant weight loss since 3/21 as I have remained the same. I will log in new measurements tomorrow for my montly weigh in at Curves.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    mine is open. i've been holding steady at 180 for about a week.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine - I have been maintaining for a bit and started a bulk on Mar 24th. Weights going back two weeks are:

Mar 21 - 156.6
    Mar 22 - 158.6
    Mar 23 - 156.6
    Mar 24 - 156.6
    Mar 25 - 159.6
    Mar 26 - 159.6
    Mar 27 - 158.2
    Mar 28 - 159.0
    Mar 29 - 158.8
    Mar 30 - 161.8
    Mar 31 - 159.4
    Apr 1 - 161.0
    Apr 2 - 158.6
    Apr 3 - 158.8
    Apr 4 - 159.0

I log regularly and pretty darn accurately (sometimes have to guestimate on eating out, but I am pretty good at it at this point).
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Mine is open and I've been at 190 for the time period in question.

Look at me I'm a guinea pig!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You can use mine. I logged every day and lost a pound this week. :)
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. (Don't jusdge my vodka intake Tuesday evening, though!!) :wink:
    I was 255.00 this morning. Last week... I didn't weigh last week, so IDK if you can use me. I was probably 257 ish.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just warning you that 1 week of data is not significant.

Thanks. I know this from all the research I have done but as for a quick data analysis and lack of time it is all I have to go with for now.... I am trying to think of a way to do a survey for a month or more but seeing as how the semester is coming to an end I am struggling with ways to find data. There is data online for similar type studies but none of them have specific macros in the dataset so I am stuck with this for now.... Hopefully it will show that further investigation would be worth investing in?

What do you mean they don't have specific macros in the dataset? Here's a study right here that discusses weight loss with different macro compositions done over a 2 year period with over 600 participants. I found it doing a google search.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763382/

I have found many articles discussing studies about this but I need the raw data to run the statistical analysis myself. For other parts of my project there have been raw datasets I've been able to use without having to retrieve the actual data by myself but I can't find the actual "excel sheet" of every single participant and their individual numbers for each variable to run a model for this type of study....

Is the point of this project just to prove that you know how to run a statistical analysis, or are you actually supposed to be able to make recommendations for future research and applications based on your data analysis and model? Because if it's the latter, just knowing macros and weight isn't going to be enough. You'd have to take into account a person's age, gender, medical history, general daily activity level, exercise (frequency, type, duration, intensity), etc. Each of us sets our macros specific to our own goals and needs, whether it's a training goal or due to medical condition like PCOS. Without addressing those factors in your data, your model isn't going to be of much value.

I was going to say this. Too many variables, no controls.

Besides the fact that whether people are logging accurately or not is completely based on trust and assumptions.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'll open mine, I weighed 198.4lbs on the 28th of March, and weigh 196.2lbs today (4th of April)

My macros this past week have been 34%fat, 33%protein and 33%carb