At home workouts

Options
I work 4 days a week and have 4 little kids. Any suggestions on at home workouts that aren't super long?

Replies

• Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I mainly workout at home. I have been doing jumping jacks, as many as I can for 10 mins (260) and walking up and down all the stairs in my house for 10 mins. Both are good cardio workout. I really feel the muscles in my thighs.
  • AmandaJE14
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to try that today :)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com has loads of free workout videos that are shorter in duration. You can search them out by time.
  • a_lindquist
    Options
    Have you ever heard of T25? All of the workouts are 25 minutes and you're done! Perfect for you!
  • clairebeth8
    clairebeth8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillian Michaels' DVDs. All of her workouts range from 20 minutes to 55 minutes, and I'll fit one in where I have the time. I suggest looking into 30 Day Shred, because it's a total body workout that's designed to burn fat, and there are 3 levels, based on your fitness. Best of luck!
  • haymck123
    haymck123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nike training club! It's a free app and they're 15-45 minute intense circuit workouts. You're better having Dumbells, yoga Mat and a medicine ball but there are quite a few that require no equipment.
  • jas16
    jas16 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use T25 when I am short of time. When I have longer I add in a run on the TM or do a P90X workout.
  • Wifey7891
    Wifey7891 Posts: 91
    Options
    im a big fan of jillian michaels. you get the best bang for your buck. you don't have to leave home, the workouts are 30 minutes, and they incorporate strength and cardio into the workout for the most effective toning and fat burning. this along with balanced diet will most definitely yield some positive results for you.
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I read a book about Charles Bronson ( the career criminal, not the actor) and he built a workout designed around his time in solitary confinement. He emphasized push ups as a total body workout.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I vote for any of Jillian's workouts as well! Like someone else said her workouts range from 30 to 60 or so minutes. I have a lot of her DVD's and switch it up everyday. If I have more time I will do two different DVD's on the same day.

You can view them on youtube and vimeo.com as well. Its always nice to try them before you buy.

Good luck!! :smile:
  • ironjoekickboxing
    Options
    Amanda,

I just launched a new in-home workout App called "Iron Joe's Kickboxing Workout". The feedback I've gotten thus far has been great. In general people like to use it with a Wavemaster bag and I've also heard from some who use it for aerobic shadow boxing without the bag. It has a 0-60 minute timer with three levels (beginner to expert) .

The Youtube page is below and the links to the app are included under the demo videos...I hope this is helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQzNtDMdCk3rtpFDlWhCaA
  • shedboy
    shedboy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of T25? All of the workouts are 25 minutes and you're done! Perfect for you!

this :smile:
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options

this :smile:
    Me too - like it so far.:drinker:
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    here are some suggestions:

Jumprope
    Play with the kids and use them as weights
    At the park with the kids, don't sit on the bench play
    Look for 20 minute workouts online
    Hula Hoop (yes I did this one)
    Nice day out, take a walk with the kids
    Music and have a dance party

I spent a lot of time with my daughter keeping both of us active when she was little. We walked lots of places, well it paid off for me and her. She was 5 when we went to disney, no carriage required she never complained about the walking (waiting in line different story). She used to ask to walk everywhere instead of getting in the car, it was time together too. When she got old enough we would jump rope together, she jumped in. Kept me going for 30 minutes or more sometimes (there are breaks because when you mess up you have to stop)

Remember you are the example for those kids, just have fun and be active with them. I promise the kids are great motivators (again mommy). you can even bench press little ones, squat while holding them. Everyone acts like working out must be an official exercise, no it doesn't, a workout can be just having fun actively and getting your heart rate up. Think back to when you were little playing tag, you were active and out of breath sometimes. Life is about fun.

FYI, hopscotch is a great one too, balance, jumping, and fun :)
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm using P90X3 right now and love how quick I can get a workout in.

YouTube is also good for quick video workouts, and you can find something that you'll really enjoy. I love all the instructional videos from the pros from Dancing With the Stars. Or I pop my kids Just Dance game into the Wii.

My husband likes the workouts and challenges you can find on pinterest or tribe sports.
  • sunandskies
    sunandskies Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has a lot of great workouts, most of them are fairly short. I've been doing this one a few times a week as I live in an apartment and don't want my neighbors pounding on the ceiling from me jumping all around: http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=7ZGtolIFUJQ&u=/watch%3Fv%3DYaJryQEsT94%26feature%3Dshare

It's low impact but it really does work up a sweat.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walk at Home DVDs .....or walking style workouts are low impact and use a small space. Because you're not jumping around, it's possible to these during nap time (not sure if your kids nap)......anyway here are some walking type workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jessica+smith+walking+workouts

http://www.walkathome.com/
  • kevingrant1
    kevingrant1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Jillian Michaels. I am just completing Body Revolution with great results. All workouts are 30-35 minutes.
  • AmandaJE14
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!! I greatly appreciate all the feedback! I'll be looking into all your suggestions :)