Back at it.

Options
Hi, I am Jan, back after a long illness. I am just now getting back to swimming and trying to moderate my eating. It's hard. When I got to the point where I could not manage to deal with the illness and MFP, I deleted my account.

Today I stepped on the scale and was surprised that I had not gained more. I still have a long way to go, but I had thought I was over 300 lbs.

When I started before I was at 296 and got down to about 272. Now I am 286. I have a lot of food restrictions, due to diverticulitis and Post cholecystectomy syndrome (post gall bladder removal).

My first goal is to try to swim as often as possible and just keep time so that I know how I am doing. Pushing it has caused pain in my abdomen. Slow and easy.

My big problem is that I tend to get really OCD over tracking food and exercise. I am going to try not to get nuts.

Replies

• BigDogParty
    Options
    Hi there! Glad to hear you're starting to feel a little better after your illness. Still, it's tough working out when you don't feel well, so good for you. :)

I can definitely relate to getting OCD about tracking. I want to track *perfectly*, but I know from past experiences that this it stresses me out so much that I just give up. One of my goals this time is to track well, but to give myself a break if it's not absolutely perfect.

I just started MFP yesterday so I'm a newbie, but feel free to add me to your friends list. :)
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. request sent :)