found a new yummy treat......

Options
So last night since I had extra time to shop the aisles at the grocery store I came across a tasty little cookie........

Pizzelle ..italian style cookie..vanilla flavored....6 cookies for only 140 cals and they are yummy!!!

And you really don't need 6 of them because they are big so that would save some cals.

Has anyone had these???

Replies

• runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So last night since I had extra time to shop the aisles at the grocery store I came across a tasty little cookie........

Pizzelle ..italian style cookie..vanilla flavored....6 cookies for only 140 cals and they are yummy!!!

And you really don't need 6 of them because they are big so that would save some cals.

Has anyone had these???
  • intricatelyme
    Options
    Nope, hmmm.
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    yeah they're great, super easy to make, you need a pizelle maker though, kinda like a waffle iron, i make them and roll them around a cannoli form to make cannoli, instead of using the fried shells to keep the calories down
  • FitShark
    FitShark Posts: 68
    Options
    For a super treat, I buy the pizzelles and toss some fresh berries together and top it with a scoop (SMALL) of a non-fat whipped cream. Sometimes its a homemade frozen fruit ice/sorbet.....but you do need rewards and getting another bit of fuit into the day is good too!
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I love pizelles, but wasn't aware they are so low in calories!! I haven't looked at cookies in anything but 100-calorie packs since last September......I see a pack of pizelles in tomorrow's shopping cart!! :bigsmile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Pizelles....memories of childhood...yum.... you have to have a pizelle maker.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Seeing as my mom's family is Italian....yep! she makes them at Christmas time and sprinkles powdered sugar on top of them.
  • runawaybride
    Options
    So you do not have to have a Pizelle maker ...they are already made for you. They had plain ones, vanilla ones, chocolate ones, and lemon ones. There are about 40 all together in the container but wrapped 10-11 in packs in this container which is great so they do stay crisp.

I can say the vanilla ones are yummy!!!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    So you do not have to have a Pizelle maker ...they are already made for you. They had plain ones, vanilla ones, chocolate ones, and lemon ones. There are about 40 all together in the container but wrapped 10-11 in packs in this container which is great so they do stay crisp.

If I can ask....what store did you find them in? Not that I go down the cookie isle very often, but I would like to check them out....kill that sweet tooth when it strikes
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!! I foudn these at the Wonder Bread Factory near my office- SO yummy!! I too was shocked at how good they were for so little calories!! I've never seen them in the stores-
  • runawaybride
    Options

If I can ask....what store did you find them in? Not that I go down the cookie isle very often, but I would like to check them out....kill that sweet tooth when it strikes

Good thing is you don't have to go down the cookie aisle well at least not at the store I went to. I found them at a huge grocery store called Woodman's and where you live probably just check around. They were located near the bread aisle along with other Italian goodies.

Good luck finding them and ENJOY!!!!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    We just found Dole Whip at our local Whippy Dip, yum! :flowerforyou: We had just biked for 3 hours (with a stop for picnic lunch, mind you), but still wanted a treat. So we tried the smallest size of Peach they had, and it was fabulous! Only 40 calories, and a great, creamy, taste! :flowerforyou: