Help with Healthy Snacks!!

Options
I just started this dieting thing and logging what I eat. So far I eat not so good things. I thought I was doing good, but I am a big snacker and need some ideas on good healthy snacks to have at my desk at work. Please help me with any suggestions. I am also terrible at portion sizes.

Thanks!

Replies

• JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    when i wanted to eat ice cream instead i had blackberries stawberries and raspberries with honey :) fresh of course
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Get those 100 calorie packs of snacks, that's what I do.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything and pre bag your snacks. Berries, Greek yogurt, string cheese, apples and hard boiled eggs are all good snacks.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to snacks are: nuts, yogurt or Greek yogurt, string cheese, carrots & hummus, apples & peanut butter, beef jerky or turkey jerky, protein or granola bars, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese with fruit or tomatoes
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I like very dark chocolate (70-80%), frozen bananas dipped in dark chocolate, nuts (be careful with those, though), and protein shakes :3
  • katlaf23
    katlaf23 Posts: 20
    Options
    Seconding those who said greek yogurt and hummus. I like to dip the petite carrots in the roasted pine nut hummus. Very tasty! And a simple apple or a handful of berries will do just fine.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Snickers. Yum.
  • Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I recently ordered Nature Box, a company who ships healthy snacks to your home (I ordered the $20 a month option). I liked everything in my box. They have a lot of different options for different palates.
    Also stick to the suggested serving size, of whatever you decide to eat.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    hardboiled eggs
    humus & veggies
    greek yogurt
    nuts
    fruit

If you want to get crazy...
    Chips
    Cookies
    Candy

Just make sure those fit in your calorie goal ;)
  • rebekalicious
    Options
    Celery is the best, I like to cut a bunch up and have it ready any time i want a snack-- also good with almond butter or cottage cheese.

You can also make a nice savory dip with greek yogurt, I add different spices and brewers yeast-- I like to measure out how much dip ahead of time to make sure to watch my portions.
  • nicoleknoll
    Options
    Thank you everyone with your tips. I greatly appreciate it!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    celery w/laughing cow cheese
    apple
    almonds
    greek yogurt
    cheese stick and sliced deli turkey
    bell peppers w/hummus
    quest bar (apple pie, yum!)
    smart balance plain popcorn
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    When I'm ambitious, I make 100 calorie energy logs. Made with oats and peanut butter and flax and protein powder. As healthy of quick, portable snack as I can make, honestly. But I also just eat nuts and/or fruit as a snack. Or cottage cheese. So I think it depends on what you're looking for in a 'snack.'