Saw a photo of myself having lost 20lbs

Options
So, I'm down a total of 21 lbs. which I didn't think would make a big difference, then I saw a photo of myself from Tuesday evening. I may be the only one who can see the difference but I am proud of myself. So here's the shot, we were getting dressed for a prohibition era murder mystery dinner.

Start weight - 250lbs
4cb0c568-d353-40ef-a19e-7d8cce932650.jpg

Current - 229 lbs
a7649ea2-5680-473f-a4e4-4de68a6cebb0.jpg

I can't even begin to explain how fabulous that hat was. It just gave me hope, it's uplifting to feel different about myself.

Replies

• QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and determination :)
    20lbs certainly is something to be proud of for yourself! Keep making healthy decisions and I'm sure you'll be having alot more happy days like this one.
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO MOMMA.. HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT DOING IT ?
  • Kenshia
    Kenshia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • andreyadonna
    Options
    WAY TO GO MOMMA.. HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT DOING IT ?

I logged everything. And I measure my food and then I make myself look at it for a bit before I actually eat it, while thinking on whether or not it's too much food, or if I'm going to feel guilty about it later. If the answer is yes to either question, I fix it and start over. I actively remind myself of how bad the food tastes when I eat something bad and how excellent food tastes when I eat something good. Conscious eating is what I call it. I force myself to think about every food that goes in my body. It's been a game changer. I never used to think about it, I just ate to eat. Forcing myself to think about it changed how I looked at it.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love your dress! 20 lbs is a wonderful loss!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    To this I would say- its the only thing that matters is how you view yourself right? :) great job btw!!!!!! :)
  • xPeacefulx
    xPeacefulx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    20 pounds is awesome congrats!! :)
  • Zanthina
    Zanthina Posts: 6
    Options
    Very nice!
  • Grammanut
    Grammanut Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! You look great!!!!
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely see a difference, keep it up!
    On a side note, I love your style.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!