One month in- not sure I can call it progress

Options
So I decided to check my fat and water content on my weighing scales today and record it in my notes and completely coincidentally my last recording was a month ago (I check weigh a lot more regularly).

My BMI is down from 26.2 to 25.7
My fat content is down from 29.9 to 29.4
Water content is the same at 51.

Is that a big enough change to call progress? I've been telling myself that the reason my weight hasn't been dropping on the scales is because I'm 'building muscle' but the small reduction in fat content contradicts that. I have been putting in a really good effort but the results are so slow its discouraging me.

Anyone in/been in a similar position, or have some tips on how to jump-start my metabolism?

Replies

• faithxox
    faithxox Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing for an hour twice a week, plus 2 runs. Keeping my cal intake around 1200 per day, with the odd slip up.
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar predicament; I had been working out for 2 months with little progress on the scale. With the help of these forums I realized that I hadn't been tracking too consistently and I was eating way too much carbs (rice/bread) to cope with my increased apetite after workouts. I started tracking, and this week I began to see a loss - finally, moving down 3 lbs.

Are you tracking accurately and consistently? Also, experimenting with different diets might help - start with the moderate ones, don't immediately go low this or low that. See how your body feels and respond to it.

Keep your head up and something WILL happen! :flowerforyou:
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. It takes normally 8-12 weeks if you are exercising and losing weight
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Doing great. Remember, slow progress is still progress!
  • faithxox
    faithxox Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Went clothes shopping yesterday and was fitting/looking better in clothes than I was a few months ago so I think I need to keep in mind that toning is happening, the scales isn't the only thing to be keeping an eye on. :-)
  • SuperJo1972
    SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It might help to take measurements of your body for comparison, this will normally show and can help you stay focused on days when the scales don't budge but the tape measure does. :o)

Keep at it :o)