Working out at home....

Options
So I would really like to get the most out of my workouts, but I enjoy working out at home more than the gym... so I was wondering if any has any great ideas for working out at home? I have a 5 pound kettle and a 5 pound excersise ball. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks

Replies

• thatdupeally
    thatdupeally Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 days shred videos :) They're not bad
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I workout from home everyday =) get a jump rope, 10-20 pound weights, a few workout videos from the library. You can find tons of workouts online. There are also lots of workout video's on youtube. I also take my dog for runs to get some harder cardio in.
  • Cherio45
    Cherio45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too work out at home and have found a good exercise channel on my cable called Sportskool. I think cd's get boring and can be expensive to get a good enough variety.

If you don't have cable you can search through the internet and pull up plenty of images of kettle bell workouts. Print them, hang close by and begin your calendar of working out.

More than anything, consistancy is the key. Good luck!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com
    Nike Training Club app

Both are free and loaded with great workouts and lots of variety.
  • 08JKgirl
    08JKgirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I have a couple cd's at home but wanted more variety.. I checked out the fitness blender one and it looks awesome! Just need to pick a couple for tonight now!! :)
  • hurton
    hurton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oxygen magazine has many eay to follow at home routines
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    i work out at home and use "Workout Trainer" (avail. for Android and Apple) "Bodyspace" (avail. for Android and Apple) and the Women's Health app. Lots of great workouts with all the variation you can ever want!
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership and always work out at home. I do a circuit training dvd (usually Jillian Michaels) 3 or 4 times a week and a pilate dvd once a week. There is tons on youtube also. I walk at least 10000 steps a day. Add that to a "mostly" clean diet and you are on your way :)

ETA...when i watch tv i jump rope on commercials :)
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25 at home right now and I love it! It's quick and it makes you sweat. Plus I walk my yellow lab every day for 30-45 minutes. :)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Check out the book/apps for You Are Your Own Gym or Body By You (same author) - this is bodyweight strength training to be done at home using household objects as the only equipment needed. I've had good results with this. Also, I second the jump rope suggestion if you have a good place to do it. And of course, plenty of good DVDs out there.
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Daily Burn is free for a month, then $10 per month.

If you're confident about your form I can highly recommend the kettlebell programme they have. There's a great variety of workouts with awesome teachers and the foam roller recovery videos are worth the subscription fee alone. All the best!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com, all the way. Daniel and Kelli are amazing.
  • Shell_1384
    Shell_1384 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I watch YouTube videos through my TV. Whatever kind of workout you are looking for - walking, dancing, aerobics - there's all kinds of stuff on there. I play Just Dance (without a Wii) and use this playlist.

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 days shred videos :) They're not bad

I just did it for the first time today and I could barely pick up my lap top after. Oh my gosh.
  • 08JKgirl
    08JKgirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) definitely referring back to this post!
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a ton of different workout videos. I work out at home because it's easier then having to get a baby sitter and paying for a gym membership. I've put together a home gym though. Resistance bands are pretty cheap, a stability ball, suspension trainer (like TRX but search amazon you can find one for about $25), door gyms are good for more then just pull ups and amazon sell a barbell/dumbell set for a decent price. Big ticket item I've added are an elliptical, a punching bag and a stationary bike till it broke.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home. MWF weight training with dumbells, TuThurSat aerobic cardio and abs Sun rest. I like beach body's P90 but can use free online sources for routines. Honestly cardio at home is easy just need your bodyweight plus motion until your heart pumps fast.
  • Raggedy_Ann
    Options
    I only work out at home. I recently bought a 15 pound kettlebell and have been trying a variety of workouts, mostly on YouTube, and working on my form. I'm liking Zuzka Light's enough that I'm thinking of buying her kettlebell dvds
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No joke, just do an image search of "30 day challenge". It's a great way to get started with a long-term goal. Mix and match different ones to create your own routine and never be bored. I'm currently doing 3 at once for arms, core, and chest in the month of April. It was scary at first, but it turns out that I'm way more capable than I thought and I'm actually having fun.

Hope this helps!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Kettle bells are my favourite workouts. Perfect for the body core. You'll notice all over strength super fast. Form is key. Lots of good youtube workouts and also dvd programs out there. 20 minutes or so 3 times a week does wonders.