I just ate 5 oatmeal cookies! Help!!

Options
A co-worker of mine, always bakes cookies for the holiday week leading up to Christmas. She brings a new batch of cookies in everyday. Yesterday, I passed the test with flying colors!! Everyone kept going back to the cookie dish, munching all day long, and I wasn't tempted at all. Wellllllll....today, she brings in my favorite kind, oatmeal raisin cookies. I made it past morning break, I made it to lunch time and then it happened! I ran over to the cookie dish giggling like a little kid in a candy store. I inhaled 5 cookies....yes 5!! I wish we had a treadmill at my job because I would be jogging my brains out! I been on this program for a few weeks, and I have lost 7 pounds. I can't let the cookie monster bring me down! We leave at noon Friday which means I still have a few more days to go. How am I gonna make it until Friday??

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Eat a light dinner, drink lots of water, start all over again... give yourself a break?
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I did this very thing a couple of weeks ago. Family Christmas party, and I had done so well. Then someone brought in these delicious Christmas cookies with the sugary frosting. Hmmm. I ate five. But, I had exercised hard that morning, and did well earlier during the day. I snuck in an extra workout light and I still ended up okay. Get some exercise in, drink some water, and don't beat yourself up. It happens. Just for the record--I still lost weight that week!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Just happened to me last week same cookie same number. Dont get upset watch you food rest of day if you can exercise do so if not its ok to slip sometimes
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Drop and give me 20!!! Just kidding! Log your calories and try to burn them off...and then move on! OR... I planned on having ONE Christmas treat per day and logged it and adjusted my day accordingly. Good luck, you'll make it to Friday!
  • beevee84
    Options
    I'm with Shanolap! And with that, my goal this week was not to lose any weight...just to hold steady. It was a suggestion a friens made and while I'm not giving myself freedom to go hog-wild, I'm giving myself a little slack
    ! Good luck!
  • steffyjeffy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You've been a great help! I drink tons of water anyway to prevent water retention, and I am sure I can squeeze in some exercise this evening. I will make some adjustments this week to at least maintain my weight loss. I must admit; I was very surprised to see that those of us who ate holiday cookies stopped at the magical number of "5"...why is that? I love to analize things; as you can see! :)