Importing Recipes

Somehow I never realized till now that I could import recipes from other sites. It is a really nice feature, except I notice that MFP comes up with calorie counts that are a little lower per serving than the original recipe.

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Doesn't anyone else use this feature?
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    I hadn't noticed that with any of mine. But if I did, I'd just make a mental note and quick add x calories each time I had the meal.

What makes me nuts is that it doesn't default to USDA "ingredient" listings when it's looking for things in the database. Raw chicken, please--not already in a recipe, not some particular brand, just chicken!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    quote]
    I hadn't noticed that with any of mine. But if I did, I'd just make a mental note and quick add x calories each time I had the meal.

What makes me nuts is that it doesn't default to USDA "ingredient" listings when it's looking for things in the database. Raw chicken, please--not already in a recipe, not some particular brand, just chicken!
    [/quote]

Yes. That is annoying.
  • lgumert
    lgumert Posts: 20
    Most of my recipes are from cookbooks, so I haven't tried importing any. It is a little easier putting them in now, being able to put the whole list of ingredients at once instead of looking up every ingredient one at a time.