Better butt, help?

Options
I have started going to the gym regularly, my original goal was to start running and try and improve fitness. This is going great and I have moved on to trying to tone up as well. I am an def pear shape and have been kind of doing random mixes of body weight exercises and free weights and can see a diff in my arms/shoulders/back but just at a loss of what to do about my *kitten* and thighs!

They are by far where I carry the majority of my weight and I would love to tone and lift my butt but just feel like it is such a mountain to climb. I know this will take time and commitment which I am willing to put in but I just need a plan! Has anyone had any success with this, what did you do and how long before you saw real results?

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Look up Bret Contreras/Strong Curves :)
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    First place on, last place off when it comes to dropping body fat. You will see changes if you lift heavy. If you have a propensity to gain mass in your thighs, I would however, skip heavy weighted squats. Do heavy weighted dead lifts, glute bridges, cable kickbacks, hamstring curls, butt blaster machine, etc. The plus thing about your shape is once you lean out, you'll have one sweet *kitten*. But make sure you are going HEAVY with your weights, especially when training the posterior chain. I would also do some body weight lunges as well. For me, it took a long time (year +) to see dramatic improvement on my *kitten* in particular, and I can attribute most of that to a clean diet and heavy weighted dead lifts. Make sure you train your upper body too. Pear shapes can look a bit uneven when going down in body fat with a small upper body and a lower body that has yet to catch up. Train the shoulders heavy too.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Look up Bret Contreras/Strong Curves :)

+1, he truly is the glute guy.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats, heavy weight, low rep. I used to have a flat butt, my avatar is 60 something days after adding barbell squats to my routine.