on the wagon, off the wagon

Options
Hey everybody,

So, After 3 long years of having to -quite literally- drag myself to the gym I finally got used to it, I've made it part of my daily routine, no matter where I am. I even got to the point where I enjoy it and feel a physical need for working out. I've been lately into hot yoga and running. That's never happened before in my life. So , I think I finally changed my relationship with exercise and hope to never go back.

But to be honest I've been on and off the wagon with the calorie counting, I haven't counted calories in quite a while and just eat whatever I want as much as I want, which always makes me feel guilty. I feel great and fit, but I really want to achieve a better relationship with food and more importantly I want to be healthy.

I need advice on where to start because seriously, crash diets and denying myself foods is just not for me!

Where/How do I start?

Peace and thanks in advance!

Replies

• reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear some input as I'm kind of in the same boat. My downfall is binge eating and I'm in the middle of a bad cycle right now. All this despite getting up super early almost every morning to work out. If only I could get the food thing back under control...
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annatrx
    annatrx Posts: 5
    Options
    You know? We could team up.....
  • nicpare
    nicpare Posts: 15
    Options
    I tend to struggle with control too. I'm going to try to stop having junk food in the house. It's tough because I have two teenagers, and this is the house their friends always hang out in. But there are plenty of snacks that they like that I do not. I already cleaned out my snack drawer at work. I only bring what I have planned to eat for the day. When I get home from work, I have scheduled a walk or a trip to the gym with a friend, so I don't have time to head to the pantry. Baby steps.....