Recent Update! Transformation progress

Options
jdhobson
jdhobson Posts: 42 Member
Hello everyone,

I tried to bump one of my old posts and just edit it but I guess it was too old to do that.

Just wanted to show some more progress that I have had - I have been fluctuating between 200 and 210 pounds for the last couple of months while trying to gain some lean muscle mass and continuing to lose the belly fat.

I also proposed to my girlfriend a week ago and will graduate with my master's degree in Special Education in less than a month. I am one happy man! Lots of excitement in my life!

2zdulv7.jpg

I am posting this to say that if you are struggling with your weight - please add me as a friend. I would love to offer my support, I know my method isn't the right one for everyone but I can offer encouragement and suggestions for whenever they may be needed.

If you aren't struggling with your weight, still add me. My friends on my feed are who motivate me to continue bettering myself. I will add in my information from my old post in just a minute.

EDITS:
Here is the original message from my progress report in November:

SW: 340
EW: 201

I have experienced the greatest last year and a half of my life. I was having some health problems and the doctor told me to get it together before things got much worse. I'm not sure why I listened to him, but I am so thankful that I did.

Along with losing the 140 pounds.. I've finished my bachelor's degree and am halfway to a Master's degree in Special Education.

Oh, and I just purchased an engagement ring for my girlfriend who has been the greatest supporter of me in my journey to better health.

I guess you could say - I am living the dream.

On another note, I just want to express the importance of a community like this. A lot of times, I had no one to go to in my dieting because people didn't understand. I have become very passionate about cooking and often had nobody to talk to about it. Myfitnesspal changed that for me. It always gave me a group of people to communicate with, whether it was just a reminder of I'm not going through this alone or if it was one of my friend's complimenting my logging. This is a special place and I am extremely grateful for stumbling upon this website and this community of people.

What now?

I'm lifting weights and eating good food while I wait for the leftover skin on my stomach to adjust. I figured if I added some muscle it would help me. Other than that, I am just going to apply all the knowledge I have gained over the past 2 years so I can maintain a balanced and happy life. I am also spending my time trying to help others who are looking to adjust their lifestyle and put health first. People have come around and started to open up now that I have shown a dramatic change. My goal is to get to my parents. They are both fairly unhealthy but they have started dieting recently. Both are extremely sensitive, so I have to watch how I talk about living a healthier lifestyle with them. Hopefully, I can do something to help them in the near future.

Thanks for the look! Good luck on your goals! We are all capable of having a success story.

PS. Sorry for the corny mirror flex! :) I've never had anything that was even close to a muscle!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!