My First Day on MFP!

Options
Hi Folks,

Thanks to my doctor, I have signed on to MFP - and already I love it. I am trying to lose weight so that I feel better, snore less, and have lots more energy. I was thrilled to see that I had stayed within my goal - all day - even though I didn't start recording my info until this evening. I am looking forward to encouragement from you and to encouraging you.

Tressa:happy:

Replies

• dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your first day on MFP!! I have been on this site a little over 2 years but have actively been logging now for 161 days and have lost 23 pounds.. I too have health issues and was told by my dr that something needed to be done.. So if at anytime you need someone to talk to or anything feel free to message me :)
  • suecatjkl
    suecatjkl Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. It's been very eye opening as far as how many calories to eat, salt intake, and sugars! Feel free to add me if you want some support.
  • kdillson70
    Options
    Welcome! Even if you eat stuff that's not so great, log it anyway! Sometime the truth hurts when you see it in fine print. ;-) Most of the people here are here for a reason and will give you useful advice, you just have to reach out for it. Good Luck!
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll get a lot of support here... :)
  • gonnaturnforty
    gonnaturnforty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i've been on here for a few months but only became active recently and could use lots of support! add me =)
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Tressa!
  • ohiowhthse
    Options
    Best decision you have made for yourself! Welcome and you can add me if you like. Its been 10 month journey and educational experience. Great progress will come with your dedication. ????
  • Dawnyowens
    Dawnyowens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi it's my first day too. Losing weight is so much harder than
    I thought it would be! The weight had crept up over the years and
    I find it difficult to keep motivated. I am hoping support on mfp
    Is the solution!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I love this site. I have already lost 27 pounds, need 30 more down.. Add me! I am always on and very supportive!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome and know this is such a wonderful,site. I have learned so much here and continue to do so. Nice group of friends here that will help keep you motivated. Add me if you wish as a friend. Best to all of you..
  • gena7125
    gena7125 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, This is a wonderful tool in helping you lose weight. I've lost all the weight I wanted to lose, AGAIN! Now I will try to maintain using this site too. Good Luck! :smile:
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Welcome and good luck on you're journey. I have re-joined after having my 3rd baby. I have 60+lbs to lose!

I was on here prior to being pregnant and lost over 40lbs! Love this site

Feel free to add me and I will give you as much support as possible!

:-)
  • sjhunt1
    sjhunt1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Tressa! Welcome to MFP !! I love it here !! The info and support here is fantastic!!
    Your life will never be the same. You can add me too !! Shelly