At home workout?

Options
Alright, I have a gym, it's like less than a mile away and free but it's always packed. I walk and jog around my neighborhood but I need to get into strength training even if it's just using my body weight or household things. I'm around 50 lbs overweight and just getting into working out so I want to start with something simple, but still challenging. A video or online guide or something would be awesome. I don't want to spend a ton on a DVD.

Replies

• Supergirl9801
    Options
    Check out YouTube for free videos. I've also found some great ones on demand (I have Verizon Fios) too!
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

As for the gym, figure out when the off-hours are and go then if you can. Early in the morning is usually best for that.
  • Goofyrunnergirl
    Options
    There are a lot of great workouts on YouTube. You can find Zumba videos, Jillian Michaels workouts, TaeBo, and lots more. I subscribe to: ZuzkaLight, FitnessBlender, GymRa, and BeFit. Just search for whatever you are interested in!
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Alright, I have a gym, it's like less than a mile away and free but it's always packed. I walk and jog around my neighborhood but I need to get into strength training even if it's just using my body weight or household things. I'm around 50 lbs overweight and just getting into working out so I want to start with something simple, but still challenging. A video or online guide or something would be awesome. I don't want to spend a ton on a DVD.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/training_guide

Complete bodyweight exercise information including routines and progressions.
  • TheDutchCourage
    Options
    Thanks! And Olivia, I'm on a Marine base, there isn't off hours really. Not in the weight room at last. Haha.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I have JM 30 DS, RI 30, and Yoga Inferno. I like all 3 of them, and they were less than $10 each. I also checked out dvds from my local library. I'd do u2b, but can't support the bandwidth.