Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hip Hop Abs

So, how do I know how many calories I'm burning if it's not listed out there under exercise? Thanks, Rae

Replies

• ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    You need to get a heart-rate monitor. The automatic ones cost more, but are more accurate.
  • Heart rate monitor, I asked for one for Christmas
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    or buy a Bodybugg....love that thing!

Sharon
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    I tried the Timex T5G971 ($46 at Amazon) but turned out to be pretty inaccurate. Waste of money. I just got my Polar FT7. Haven't used it for exercise yet but it is much more accurate. Around $100 at Amazon.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    The only way to know most accurately how many calories you're actually burning doing anything is with a HRM like the others have said. The calorie estimations on MFP or other sites are just that, estimations. And they're typically way overestimated!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    If the specific item isn't listed you can choose just "aerobics" and there are options for the intensity so you can get close. If I guess I do not eat all of the exercise calories as this option may overestimate.
  • soultrain1913
    soultrain1913 Posts: 33 Member
    How do you like Hip Hop Abs? I was thinking of getting it. Thanks!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Hip Hop Abs is really fun and Shaun T is amazing! :love:

From a workout perspective, I personally enjoy doing Turbo Fire a lot more.

Sharon
  • I just got my Hip Hop Abs in the mail today and joined this site too! I took my before measurements, weight and pictures this morning. I am so excited to get started but I have to finish my laundry first! I need to get into a routine to keep on track.