I broke through my plateau!!!

Options
Okay so I have been stuck at the same weight for about a month now. I was getting pretty discouraged and very down on myself. I was way under my calories everyday and I think my body may have actually been in starvation mode. So i tried to up my calories but it didnt really happen. I actually cheated a lot for like 3 or 4 days last week and went waaaaay over my calories- due to my bf graduation and celebrating with dinners out and nights at the bar!!! well anyway after that I was determined not to go over my calorie goal and I have been taking in atleast 1200 calories a day some days a little more and what do you know after over a month of stepping on the scale and seeing the same number no matter how little I ate and how much I worked out....I finally broke through!!! good luck to anyone else who is struggling with a weight loss plateau!! my best advice is just to switch things up!! cheat for a couple of days and then go back to eating healthy!!!!

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I typically don't "cheat" but I do "calorie shift" . . . I don't eat the same food 2 days in a row, and I don't consume the same calorie amounts 2 days in a row . . . I tend to alternate from 1150 to 1400 from day to day depending on my activity level, etc. Since I've been doing this I have seen good results.
    I also incorporate lots of different recipes and change up what we eat a lot . . . keeping the body "guessing" has worked well for me.
  • bedazzledmom
    Options
    Congrats and thank you so much for sharing! i am currently stuck but still trying!:smile:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Congrats - plateaus are SO frustrating. Good advice, need to switch up diet and exercise routine to break them.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Great job - I recently went through the same thing myself. I finally lost a couple lbs. and am hoping it will continue.......
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Diet breaks like these are good for the mind AND they get things moving. BRAVO to you for your success and for sticking with it!

Charmagne
  • kerrera
    Options
    thats good news i am stuck too, have been same for a month, so am upping my calories for a few weeks with the hope of a kick start for the new year. Also it takes the pressure off for christmas. i knew i would hit a plateau after consistently losing for seven months so i am prepared for it. :wink:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Congratulations sweetheart! I'm so happy for you!!! Those dang plateaus are awful!!! What you accomplished is amazing, especially during the holiday season!!! :o)
  • milaestevam
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Amanda!
    I remember how frustrated it was the first time it happened to me. I just dind't have a clue why nothing was happening. I am quite new to diets. And your post has shined some light into my new diet world!
    Good luck with your diet honey!

Mila
  • reyessam
    reyessam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats, chica!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Plateaued.... check.

Today's date.... December 21... check.

Christmas eve dinner with my mum... December 24... check.

Christmas Day dinner with the hubby's family... December 25... check.

Suggestion: cheat for a couple of days....

Yeah, sounds like a plan :)
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    I'm stuck right now myself and it stinks. Time to switch it up.
  • amysambora
    Options
    Congratulations! Switching it up really works :)